Thread: No roads visible on iPhone 5s

Neuer skobbler

No roads visible on iPhone 5s

A week ago I purchased GPS Nav app on my iPhone 5s. When I opened the app, there were no roads, no labels and only land outlines were visible.
    Thinking that perhaps the problem was limited to online mode, I went ahead and bought offline map for Cyprus. Unfortunately it made no difference — either online or offline, the map was entirely blank and attempting to start navigation resulted in error message "Route calculation failed".

image.jpg

Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed that the app doesn't work properly. I sent an email to int-support@skobbler.com explaining the issue and received an automatic reply promising a response in 2–4 business days. Now I have waited for 5 business days with nobody having contacted me.
    Even a short note, e.g. "we're aware of the issue and are working on a fix", would be better than complete silence.

Neuer skobbler
    Ok, so after lengthy troubleshooting I found out the cause of the problem.

Turns out the app doesn't play well with proxies when dealing with gzip compressed files (attributes, pois, roads, shapes). These files end up corrupted before being cached and cause the maps to fail to display.

As a workaround, I deleted and reinstalled the app to clear the corrupted caches and downloaded the maps using direct wi-fi connection (without a proxy). Everything now works properly.

I also verified that the proxy does not damage the files itself — they download properly using web browser or curl. Interestingly enough, this might actually be an iOS 7 bug, because an older iPhone with iOS 6.1.3 downloads maps correctly through the same proxy.

Oberskobbler
    Hi iDude,

Thank you for the feedback. If users have similar problems, please try deleting the app, rebooting the device and re-installing the app from the iTunes store.

Best regards,
    Alexandra

Neuer skobbler
    Turns out the app doesn't play well with proxies when dealing with gzip compressed files (attributes, pois, roads, shapes). These files end up corrupted before being cached and cause the maps to fail to display.
    Our Actual learnalanguage.com gre exam provide you usj.edu pass guarantee. You can get access to quincy toefl and www.hood.edu with multiple prep resources of Lynn University