Thread: Scout not working on SD card formatted as 'internal storage"

Neuer skobbler

Scout not working on SD card formatted as 'internal storage"

After upgrading my Motorola E (4G) to Android 6.0 Marshmallow I got the message that my SD was too slow.
    I installed a 32 GB UHS-1 card (80 Mb/s). As adviced by Motorola I configured it as internal storage and moved Scout to the SD card.
    Now Scout complaints "no SD card found" and maps can not be stored.
    If I reconfigure the SD card as portable storage Scout has no longer the option to store maps on it.
    How can Scout use my SD card?

Super-Moderator
    Hi Willem I, I'm sorry to tell you that, but Scout is at this moment not able to use an external SD Card running Android 6. This is a limitation of Android 6.
    Scout needs an update for this. The devs are already informed. Sorry for the bad news.
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 | beta tester of "GPS Navigation & Maps" for Android | community moderator
    Erfahrungsbericht Scout auf Android-Doppel-DIN-Autoradio Daten- und Energieverbrauch von Scout
    BUGS: Bitte immer Gerätenamen, Betriebssystemversion, App-Version und kurze Beschreibung nennen!
    Clean reinstallation of Scout | Having GPS problemes with CyanogenMod? | OFFICIAL SUPPORT:: support-europe@telenav.com

Neuer skobbler
    hi makiHD,
    it's sad news that Scout isn't able to use the SD card at the moment but it's promising news that it is in the queue unto a next update.
    That will make this wonderful app perfect!!

Super-Moderator
    Thanks for this :-)
    But I have to clarify that an update for the Scout app will not be released into the next weeks, unfortunately . Scout needs some additional time as they do not have such much manpower.
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 | beta tester of "GPS Navigation & Maps" for Android | community moderator
    Erfahrungsbericht Scout auf Android-Doppel-DIN-Autoradio Daten- und Energieverbrauch von Scout
    BUGS: Bitte immer Gerätenamen, Betriebssystemversion, App-Version und kurze Beschreibung nennen!
    Clean reinstallation of Scout | Having GPS problemes with CyanogenMod? | OFFICIAL SUPPORT:: support-europe@telenav.com

Oberskobbler
    Next Weeks?
    Next months, or better never....
    OnePlusOne 64GB, BlissPop ROM

Neuer skobbler
    Considering this issue has been reported 6 month ago can anyone give a status on this?

Currently this is a blocker for me to to use scout, which is a pitty as I really like it.

Super-Moderator
    Hi CKoerner, unfortunately I have no new information about the current progress of the Android development, I'm very sorry for this.