Thread: [iOS SDK] Background routing

Neuer skobbler

[iOS SDK] Background routing

I installed and tried the FrameworkiOSDemo app on my iPhone and tested the routing system.
    If I try to lock the phone while the navigation is in progress, it stops util I unlock the phone (aka the app becomes active).

Is it possible to have the routing service active also when the app is running in background?

Oberskobbler
    You have in the demo project an example:
    [SKPositionerService sharedInstance].worksInBackground = _configuration.allowBackgroundNavigation;
    if (self.configuration.allowBackgroundNavigation) {
    //notify the user that the navigaiton will continue while in background
    UILocalNotification *backgroundLocalNotification = [[UILocalNotification alloc] init];

backgroundLocalNotification.alertBody = NSLocalizedString(kSKTBackgroundNavigationLocalNot ificationKey, nil);
    backgroundLocalNotification.userInfo = @{ kBackgroundLocalNotificationKey : kBackgroundLocalNotificationKey };
    [[UIApplication sharedApplication] scheduleLocalNotification:backgroundLocalNotificat ion];
    }

And in the SDKTools documentation: http://developer.skobbler.com/gettin...iosTools#sec08

Neuer skobbler
    Thank you Adela!

I'm going a little off topic now.. what if I would like to have the detailed route data (steps, turns, symbols etc.)?
    I saw that it's possible to get these informations by sending a REST request to the web service, but I can't figure out how to get them using the SDK.

Oberskobbler
    Hi Lorenzo,

The SKRouteAdvice class stores information about a route advice: http://developer.skobbler.com/getting-started/ios#sec19

Code:
    - (void)routingService:(SKRoutingService *)routingService didFinishRouteCalculationWithInfo:(SKRouteInformation*)routeInformation{
                 NSLog(@"Route is calculated.");
                 [routingService zoomToRouteWithInsets:UIEdgeInsetsZero duration:1]; // zoom to currrent route
                 NSArray *adviceList = [[SKRoutingService sharedInstance] routeAdviceListWithDistanceFormat:SKDistanceFormatMetric]; // array of SKRouteAdvice
                 }

Neuer skobbler
    Thank you again Adela! You've been super helpful, have a good one!