Thread: [Android] While driving in Navigation mode the map and the route is not displayed

Etablierter skobbler

[Android] While driving in Navigation mode the map and the route is not displayed

Hello,

while Iam driving on a highway no MAP etc. is displayed anymore.
    Navigation is still ongogin but no informations are displayed (route etc.)

2.jpg

1.jpg

If we lost the information from MAP because we have no internet connection?
    If it so, why he not loads the cache and why it is not referehing or comming again if we had a stabil internet connection?

Here also I have nerver seen this in SDK 2.4 it is appearing with SDK 2.5 for the same route.

Dev platform evangelist dandronic's Avatar
    It could be that you don't have the metadata available - are you using offline/on-board maps?
    Check if the metadata is present via getMetaDataStatus.

Etablierter skobbler
    Iam using on-board map.
    After I calculate the route and start the navigation the map was displayed with the route and navigation works.
    After some minutes/hours I obeserved this. For me it seems that the Internet connection was lost and then the route and MAP was lost also, but why?

And why it's not recovered?
    Is the getMetaDataStatus starts automaticly and how can I recover this if it happens?

You can see the route informations are not lost and the information your are on a highway (A5) is even not lost.

Oberskobbler
    Unfortunatly we can't reproduce this issue. Could you please send us your demo project?

Etablierter skobbler
    Hey Adela_Silvia,

this occurs also with the skobbler demo project.
    If you use the real drive mode and lost the internet connection then this behaviour appears.

Oberskobbler
    Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do for avoiding this. You can choose to make the map available as an on-board map(download as an offline map).