Thread: [Android] setFallbackLanguage(SKMaps.SKLanguage.LANGUAGE_TR) does not work

Etablierter skobbler

[Android] setFallbackLanguage(SKMaps.SKLanguage.LANGUAGE_TR) does not work

Hello,

mapInternationalizationSettings.setFallbackLanguag e(SKMaps.SKLanguage.LANGUAGE_TR);

does not changed the MAP language to turkish -> It's shown in englisch.

For LANGUAGE_DE or LANGUAGE_EN for example it's working and for TR, map is displaying in english.
    Is the turkish language is not supported? If no, why we have the variable SKMaps.SKLanguage.LANGUAGE_TR?

Oberskobbler
    The currently supported languages (TTS or audio files) are: German , English (British & US), Spanish, French, Italian, Romanian, Russian, Danish, Hungarian, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Polish
    Please follow the "how to" documentation for configuring the audio advisor: http://developer.skobbler.com/getting-started/android#sec017 and let me know if you don't manage to make it work

Etablierter skobbler
    Hey thank you for response.

But I don't want the advisor language.

I want the MAP display language, countries names displayed in local or english or German etc. Becuase for German and English it changed the langue, also local is working.
    But for turkish the country names shown in englisch not in turkish. For example in turkish Germany should be displayed as Almanya.

Oberskobbler
    Sorry, I misunderstood.
    You should set TR as primary language and EN as fallback language
    mapInternationalizationSettings.setPrimaryLanguage (SKMapInternationalizationSettings.MAP_LANGUAGE_TR );
    mapInternationalizationSettings.setFallbackLanguag e(SKMapInternationalizationSettings.MAP_LANGUAGE_E N);

or if you add also mapInternationalizationSettings.setShowBothLabels( true); it should appear both.

Please note that internationalization setting are available for country and city levels only, as for the street names we display only the format that appears on OSM.

Etablierter skobbler
    Hey no problem,

yes I have set mapInternationalizationSettings.setShowBothLabels( true); -> For turkish is not working, may question is if turkish not supported, why the option in SDK we have that is why I can not understand.
    Yeah SDK shows only the suportted language from OSM, but in OSM it's okay this working.

Note: SKMapInternationalizationSettings.MAP_LANGUAGE_TR is not supported in SDK 2.4 -> I have used mapInternationalizationSettings.setFallbackLanguag e(SKMaps.SKLanguage.LANGUAGE_TR);

Oberskobbler
    It seems is a problem on our side- after a quick test indeed the country/city names does not appear on TR language.
    Thank you for reporting this. We'll investigate asap and let you know when the fix will be available.