Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Map is crashed in Android Demo 2.4

Oberskobbler
    With 2.4 SDK we switched rendering engine to OpenGL ES2. See the release notes: http://developer.skobbler.de/release-notes#v2_4_0

This error occurs when the device does not support OpenGL 2. We will investigate it further, but if you have the possibility to test it on another device until then, let us know if you encounter the same issue.

Oberskobbler
    Hi oximer,

Tracking down this issue we've created a new set of map resources that should fix the error. You can download the modified SKMaps.zip from here (the following files were modified within the archive: /shaders/line.vert and /shaders/lineCap.vert).

If you are redeploying the SKMaps resources on an existing app see the SDK Update Procedure (2.X to 2.Y) chapter that provides details on how to force a map resources rewrite.

Let us know if after that everything is working as expected.

Neuer skobbler
    And what about the original problem of this post? I just tried to switch to version 2.5 and I see that my application still crashes when come back to the map.

Dev platform evangelist dandronic's Avatar
    Yes this has been handled in 2.5, you do have to set certain flags to make this work - see the dedicated documentation chapter

Neuer skobbler
    Thank you! I confirm, that problem is solved in version 2.5 if you call "SKMapSurfaceView.preserveGLContext = false;" before initializing the first map.