Thread: A dumb question from a newbie

Neuer skobbler

A dumb question from a newbie

I just purchased a smartphone Samsung Galaxy 4S and I am learning how to install apps.

And here comes the question:

Suppose I find an interesting app on a website and I want to install it on my smartphone.

Is it possible to download the app on my computer ( the smartphone not connected to the computer ),save the
    app and at a later point install it on my smartphone ?

At least I imagine it should work but I am not sure.

Thank you for your help

Hubert44

Super-Moderator
    Hi Hubert, yes you can download the apk (if offered) and transfer it via the USB-Cable to your PC.

Tape onto the apk then go to settings and enable "unknown sources" (German: unbekannte Quellen) and you can install any apk onto your phone.

Hope this helps
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 | beta tester of "GPS Navigation & Maps" for Android | community moderator
    Erfahrungsbericht Scout auf Android-Doppel-DIN-Autoradio Daten- und Energieverbrauch von Scout
    BUGS: Bitte immer Gerätenamen, Betriebssystemversion, App-Version und kurze Beschreibung nennen!
    Clean reinstallation of Scout | Having GPS problemes with CyanogenMod? | OFFICIAL SUPPORT:: support-europe@telenav.com

Super-Moderator
    I think that could be possible. But after all, I'm not really sure if you install this app via an apk (if provided), whether your in app purchases can be verified about the google play services...
    I always would install this app directly from the google play store.
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 | beta tester of "GPS Navigation & Maps" for Android | community moderator
    Erfahrungsbericht Scout auf Android-Doppel-DIN-Autoradio Daten- und Energieverbrauch von Scout
    BUGS: Bitte immer Gerätenamen, Betriebssystemversion, App-Version und kurze Beschreibung nennen!
    Clean reinstallation of Scout | Having GPS problemes with CyanogenMod? | OFFICIAL SUPPORT:: support-europe@telenav.com