Thread: Data usage with Traffic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Neuer skobbler

Unglücklich Data usage with Traffic

Hi,
    I am thinking about buying the traffic upgrade. How much data will this package use I do not have that much data in my monthly subscription, so I will not risk using all my data on receiving traffic updates
    /Best regards
    Ollo

Super-Moderator
    Hi Ollo, traffic data uses some megabytes, though. I do not know exactly, but I remeber that I used approx~ 5MB for one hour navigation. But I'm not that sure at all.
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 | beta tester of "GPS Navigation & Maps" for Android | community moderator
    Erfahrungsbericht Scout auf Android-Doppel-DIN-Autoradio Daten- und Energieverbrauch von Scout
    BUGS: Bitte immer Gerätenamen, Betriebssystemversion, App-Version und kurze Beschreibung nennen!
    Clean reinstallation of Scout | Having GPS problemes with CyanogenMod? | OFFICIAL SUPPORT:: support-europe@telenav.com

Neuer skobbler
    Quote Originally Posted by makiHD View Post
    Hi Ollo, traffic data uses some megabytes, though. I do not know exactly, but I remeber that I used approx~ 5MB for one hour navigation. But I'm not that sure at all.
    Thanks for that info, makiHD. One more question; can you get traffic data while you're in offline mode, related to maps?

Super-Moderator
    No, how do you like to do that? When you're offline, you're offline. And traffic database updates need internet access
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 | beta tester of "GPS Navigation & Maps" for Android | community moderator
    Erfahrungsbericht Scout auf Android-Doppel-DIN-Autoradio Daten- und Energieverbrauch von Scout
    BUGS: Bitte immer Gerätenamen, Betriebssystemversion, App-Version und kurze Beschreibung nennen!
    Clean reinstallation of Scout | Having GPS problemes with CyanogenMod? | OFFICIAL SUPPORT:: support-europe@telenav.com