Thread: Missing offline maps after restoring iPhone from iTunes backup

Neuer skobbler

Unglücklich Missing offline maps after restoring iPhone from iTunes backup

Some time ago I had a problem with my iPhone so I had to erase it and restore from backup in iTunes. I checked GPS Nav after restore and it seemed to work properly and showed that my maps were downloaded. The original problem was gone so after a while I forgot about it.

Then recently I needed to use navigation in offline mode, but the map of my destination was completely blank, so I had to use mobile data to get access to maps at all.

Turns out the maps are not included in the iTunes backup, but it includes whatever file that tells the app that maps are available offline. Then, when you restore, the app thinks that it has maps that are not there. The reason the app initially appeared to work properly is because it used my home wi-fi connection.

Needless to say, this is not good at all. The app shouldn't happily report that maps are available offline when that is not the case. It either shouldn't back up that file with a list of downloaded maps, or, ideally, it should tell the user: "hey, it looks like you have restored your phone from backup, click here to redownload your maps."

Neuer skobbler
    I needed to use navigation in offline mode, but the map of my destination was completely blank, so I had to use mobile data to get access to maps at all.

Gesperrt
    Thank you for*good*communication.
    Last edited by Samponiide; 27.06.2015 at 20:17.