Thread: Android: How to create a heatmap?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Neuer skobbler

Android: How to create a heatmap?

I would like to create a heap map of how many times a particular road is used.
    I have GPS data points and would like to show a heatmap clustering of this data.
    I'm not clear what API I should use.

Dev platform evangelist dandronic's Avatar
    In the next SDK update we will include a heatmap example in the demo project.

For the time being the heatmap only works with OSM map POIs (poi data already present in the map) - so unfortunately you won't be able to create a heatmap out of your custom GPS data points. Neither "roads" don't qualify as POIs.

The API you are looking for is: SKMapSurfaceView.showHeatMapsWithPoiType -> e.g. mapView.showHeatMapsWithPoiType(heatMapCategories) (see the reference documentation for details)

Neuer skobbler
    Hello,

I want to create multiple annotations in my app. So there is a for loop and I want multiple Annoations while the loop is running.

Oberskobbler
    Hello,

It's possible to add multiple annotations. Look over "how to" section: http://developer.skobbler.com/gettin...android#sec002
    Do you have some problems integrating this? Can you please share more details about the issue (if there is one)?