Thread: Constant crashing...

Neuer skobbler

Constant crashing...

Hi,

First, I purchased both the application and the world maps... so, I'm a paid user.

I've spent several days (literally!) to put all the available maps on my Samsung Tab 2 7.0 (16GB) without any success.

First, 8GB or 16GB microSD card capacities were not enough (a while back I was able to fit the maps on 8GB)

Eventually, I got a 32GB card and started downloading. I want to get *all* maps. Here is the summary of my failed attempts:

1. There is a synchronization problem with the app, because quite frequently, if I select a map (the down arrow), it stuck there until the previous task is complete. sometimes, I could select many maps (down arrow turns to parallel bars) without any problem.

2. After perhaps downloading some maps (cities or countries) and the above problems occurring randomly and frequently, the application keeps crashing. I suspect this is because of some stale data, but what?

3. Reinstalling the app wipes the previous maps (I must have downloaded more than 150GB of maps in several days, but unfortunately, not a complete slate...) There should be a way to recover the installed maps.

So, until I succeed in pulling *all* the maps successfully, my score for this application is a 1 star...

Regards,

--Rasit

Neuer skobbler
    I timed the startup of the app on my tablet. It takes 2.5 minutes showing the skobbler logo on the screen. Once the checker board (pre-map) screen appears, it takes only a few more seconds before the crash.

I suspect that the initialization phase (map prep, indexing, etc) hits a bug somewhere.

--Rasit

Quote Originally Posted by mre View Post
    Hi,

First, I purchased both the application and the world maps... so, I'm a paid user.

I've spent several days (literally!) to put all the available maps on my Samsung Tab 2 7.0 (16GB) without any success.

First, 8GB or 16GB microSD card capacities were not enough (a while back I was able to fit the maps on 8GB)

Eventually, I got a 32GB card and started downloading. I want to get *all* maps. Here is the summary of my failed attempts:

1. There is a synchronization problem with the app, because quite frequently, if I select a map (the down arrow), it stuck there until the previous task is complete. sometimes, I could select many maps (down arrow turns to parallel bars) without any problem.

2. After perhaps downloading some maps (cities or countries) and the above problems occurring randomly and frequently, the application keeps crashing. I suspect this is because of some stale data, but what?

3. Reinstalling the app wipes the previous maps (I must have downloaded more than 150GB of maps in several days, but unfortunately, not a complete slate...) There should be a way to recover the installed maps.

So, until I succeed in pulling *all* the maps successfully, my score for this application is a 1 star...

Regards,

--Rasit