Thread: offline address search does not work

Neuer skobbler

Böse offline address search does not work

I purchased and downloaded the offline map for Austria.
    However, when I do an address search in the offline mode, the list of cities is empty. I am therefore unable to enter any search terms for city and street.
    When I choose another country, eg. Portugal, the list of cities is available. This seems to be a problem only with Austria.
    Can you please confirm that this is a problem with the Austrian map?
    Thanks.

skobbler Support
    Hi, it seems like the Austria map has not been installed properly. Please delete it, reboot your device, reinstall the map. Does the list show now? (Make sure you have enough free space available as well as a constant internet connection during download.)

Greetings
    Christin

Neuer skobbler
    Hi, I have the same issue. After the latest update I can find any place in the online mode and with Internet connection. If I switch to offline mode, the same place and/or city cannot be found anymore. I use Iphone 5S with German SIM in North-America. Once I found it in onlinemode, I can actually use the navigation in offline mode with the place I then entered in favorites !! Any idea ?

Oberskobbler
    Quote Originally Posted by hewpep View Post
    Hi, I have the same issue. After the latest update I can find any place in the online mode and with Internet connection. If I switch to offline mode, the same place and/or city cannot be found anymore. I use Iphone 5S with German SIM in North-America. Once I found it in onlinemode, I can actually use the navigation in offline mode with the place I then entered in favorites !! Any idea ?
    What do you mean by "Offline Mode"? You mean the Offlinemous in the app itself or the "flight mode" from your iPhone? The flight mode switches off the iPhone and also the GPS-Sensor! So the localization and many other things will not working. If you want skobbler use offline, you have to " turn on the offline mode specifically in Skobbler under "Settings".
    Traveling with a iPhone 6 / beta tester of "GPS Navigation & Maps" for Apple iOS
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Probleme?
    - Du kannst bereits gekaufte Karten nicht installieren? Hier (In-App-Käufe zulassen) oder hier (Upgrades erneut "kaufen") findest Du Lösungen!
    - Jailbreak installiert? Lies diesen Tread!
    - Bugs oder Probleme meldest Du bitte dem Support!

Oberskobbler
    Quote Originally Posted by goanna View Post
    I purchased and downloaded the offline map for Austria.
    However, when I do an address search in the offline mode, the list of cities is empty. I am therefore unable to enter any search terms for city and street.
    When I choose another country, eg. Portugal, the list of cities is available. This seems to be a problem only with Austria.
    Can you please confirm that this is a problem with the Austrian map?
    Hello goanna
    Welcome to the forum!
    I could not reproduce your problem. I have downloaded Austria, shifted to the offline mode in the app and searching for an address and this was found. Also the calculation of the route worked flawlessly. I suspect, as Christin as well, that the Austria map was not installed correctly. Try it again!
    Traveling with a iPhone 6 / beta tester of "GPS Navigation & Maps" for Apple iOS
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Probleme?
    - Du kannst bereits gekaufte Karten nicht installieren? Hier (In-App-Käufe zulassen) oder hier (Upgrades erneut "kaufen") findest Du Lösungen!
    - Jailbreak installiert? Lies diesen Tread!
    - Bugs oder Probleme meldest Du bitte dem Support!