Thread: App does not mute/lower music volume

Neuer skobbler

Unglücklich App does not mute/lower music volume

I've been using the GPS Nav and Maps app on my HTC One with Android 4.2.2. It works OK but a big problem for me is that it doesn't seem to acquire audio focus when giving voice instructions. This means that the music continues to play at full volume, so I cannot hear the instructions which are relatively quiet. This occurs whichever music player I am using (Music, Spotify)

Other nav apps such as Google Maps seem to do this correctly, but not the Skobbler app.

Unfortunately the HTC One on 4.2.2 also has a buggy bluetooth implementation which means that the A2DP connection drops out if no audio is playing and does not automatically reconnect when audio starts again, which means I have to keep music playing while driving. So whatever I do, I can't hear the voice instructions.

Apparently the correct way to implement the behaviour is to acquire "audio focus" during voice instrucitons. There is a very clear explanation of how to acquire and release audio focus here:

http://developer.android.com/trainin...dio-focus.html

Can you confirm whether this has been implemented in the Skobbler app? If not, please would you consider this ASAP as it's a significant problem and would only require a few lines of code. If it has been implemented, any ideas why it might not be working on my phone?

Thanks.

skobbler Support
    Hi, sorry for the late reply. Did you already install our updated version which was released 2 days ago? If so, could you provide feedback if it works ok for you now?

Greetings
    Christin

Neuer skobbler
    Hi Christin, yes I've tried it out today and it works perfectly now, thanks!