Thread: Ability to add POI on Android client

Neuer skobbler

Ability to add POI on Android client

Hi

Get app. Seems pretty accurate.

It would be great to be able to add a POI via the Android client. POI's such as service stations and most importantly SPEED TRAPS would be about the best upgrade for the next version.

Any plans for this?

I am currently adding the locations for all Motorway service areas for England as this is part of my job.

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jon,

We are very glad to hear you like the app. We have also thought about adding POIs from the mobile client, which is a great idea and would indeed be a useful feature. While it is not yet on our roadmap, it may be added in the future, so stay tuned.

Thank you for your constructive feed-back.
    The skobbler team

Neuer skobbler
    Is there anywhere where users can see the roadmap? It might be nice to see what is up coming.

It would be nice to have the speed displayed, is this on the roadmap?

Cheers

Jon

Hey Jon,

You can already find the speed while navigating, if you go to your menu (phone menu button) and then to the Route Information button (from the 4, the bottom right one). There you can find the speed and other useful information.

Regarding the roadmap, we don't have something like that, but we'll take your suggestion into consideration

Many thanks again for your feedback!

Best wishes,
    The skobbler team

Neuer skobbler
    Hey Guys

I can understand the roadmap issue, it takes time to impliment once a project has started.

Regarding the speed, I was aware that you could obtain it from the information screen however I would be better if it was available to be placed on the main screen. That way you could use it as an instant speed check. Remember this is about safety, in the UK we are not allowed to handle or access our phones once moving, therefore the info screen is useless to us!

Keep up the great work.

Jon

Hi Jon,

You are absolutely right about this. Safety is and will be our top priority therefore we will definitely give this issue some thought and will take in consideration for our next client version.

Thank you for you're feedback and suggestions

Best regards,
    The skobbler team