Thread: Google Android Market

Etablierter skobbler

Google Android Market

I just realised I had posted this in the iPhone section of the forum. Sorry. Maybe this one will get a response?

Google Android Market

I mentioned in an earlier post that skobbler does not appear in the Android Market for me. I sideloaded Skobbler apk from a copy I obtained from another user.

I'm using an Archos A5IT, on which it works perfectly when tethered to my Nokia N97 phone. I got my copy from Peter Smithson, who posted in the International Forum. Oddly, he also has an Archos, but it "shows" on the Market on his Archos. They all run Android 1.6.

I can't get updates though, because Skobbler is not showing up on the Market. Can you think why Skobbler does not show up for my Archos? In fact, for some strange reason, Peter seems to be the only Archos user who does see Skobbler on the Market.

Which Market criteria do you use when deciding where to allow Skobbler to be "seen"?

Does the Archos 5 Android need to go onto a Whitelist?

Having got it to work, I'd like to keep Skobbler up to date. I noticed you promised another user an update this week, which will solve his problem.

Thanks in anticipation.

Helo,

From what country do you try to access the Android Market. And another question: Do you have an official Android OS?

Thanks

Etablierter skobbler
    I'm in the UK, and I'm using the Archos 5 Android Internet Tablet, Donut 1.6 FW.

I have full access to the Android Market, and get most of my apps from there.

We will investigate this issue you have and we will come back as soon as possible with a response for this.

Etablierter skobbler
    A month, 156 hits on this topic, and no response? Android devices are growing fast, as you know.

skobbler Support
    Sorry for our late response. I checked with our Development Department again and they replied that Archos 5 is not a device we officially support. Therefore, we do not know what the exact problem is. Sorry we cannot help you on this occasion!

Best regards,
    Christin

Etablierter skobbler
    Thanks, but that wasn't my question. It obviously works perfectly well on the Archos. My question was why, in particular, Skobbler only shows up on one Archos user's device, in the Google Market.
    Is the Archos specifically blacklisted in your. Market listing? Or do you run a whitelist which doesn't include the Archos?
    You're the first developer I've come across who wants to exclude devices which show off his product excellently.
    But if you'd rather I uninstalled your application, then of course I'll be happy to oblige.

skobbler Support
    Sorry I misunderstood you in some parts.

From our side, we do not blacklist anything in the UK market which is why our app should be displayed. If this is not the case for some users, we advise you to get in touch with the Android Market Support directly because we cannot explain this at all.

Best regards,
    Christin