Thread: I purchased World. How do I download countries? And two other questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Etablierter skobbler

I purchased World. How do I download countries? And two other questions

1) I purchased the World package. I can't find the place in the program to download countries. The Upgrades menu has the countries, but it expects me to buy each one.

2) When I downloaded the United States as my free download, it hung on Puerto Rico and on the Virgin Islands. To get it to download the other states I canceled the download for those two locations. How do I try again for those two?

3) The Restore button does not seem to do anything.

Thanks,
    Cliff

skobbler Support
    Did you get our latest update version 2.0.3? Do the problems persist?

Greetings
    Christin

Etablierter skobbler

Unable to download countries in the World package

Quote Originally Posted by Christin View Post
    Did you get our latest update version 2.0.3? Do the problems persist?

Greetings
    Christin
    Christin,
    Thank you for your response. Yes, I have version 2.0.3. That is the version I downloaded when I bought the app. I am unable to find a way to download countries included in the World package. Would that normally be via the Restore button? The Restore button does not react to a touch. I have a Motorola Droid Razr running Android version 4.0.4.

Thanks,
    Cliff

Administrator
    Hello Cliff. Have you tried going in the Upgrades menu, Countries sub menu? They should be unlocked there and available for download.
    And when pressing the Restore button a loading indicator should be displayed with "Restore in progress" message, after that the results - successful or not.

If this doesn't work i would suggest reinstalling the application and trying again the Restore button and Upgrades menu.

Please let us know if you manage to resolve the problem. We are happy to help should you need further assistance.

Best regards,
    Vlad

Etablierter skobbler
    Quote Originally Posted by vladciurca View Post
    Hello Cliff. Have you tried going in the Upgrades menu, Countries sub menu? They should be unlocked there and available for download.
    And when pressing the Restore button a loading indicator should be displayed with "Restore in progress" message, after that the results - successful or not.

If this doesn't work i would suggest reinstalling the application and trying again the Restore button and Upgrades menu.

Please let us know if you manage to resolve the problem. We are happy to help should you need further assistance.

Best regards,
    Vlad
    Vlad,

I uninstalled and reinstalled in now the Restore button works and I'm able to download all countries. Excellent. Thanks for your help.

I notice that when I download countries it increases the app storage. It is not storing the offline maps on the external SD card. It seems important to store them on the external SD card as app space is limited. The system does not offer the option to move the offline maps to the external SD card. I upgraded to 32Gb of external SD card space so that I can have the whole world on my phone. I hope this will be possible.

Thanks,
    Cliff

Administrator
    Hello Cliff.

I'm happy that everything worked out ok with downloading countries.
    The SD card feature is in works and on the next update which will be released this week you can switch at installation time (unfortunately you have to re-install). In the future it will be possible to select storage directly from the settings.

Administrator
    Hello Cliff. As Christin mentioned, the 2.0.3 update should resolve the problems from the points 1) and 3).
    Regarding the second problem (downloading Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands) this will be fixed very soon and we will also release an update for this.

Best regards,
    Vlad

Etablierter skobbler
    Quote Originally Posted by vladciurca View Post
    Hello Cliff. As Christin mentioned, the 2.0.3 update should resolve the problems from the points 1) and 3).
    Regarding the second problem (downloading Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands) this will be fixed very soon and we will also release an update for this.

Best regards,
    Vlad
    Vlad,
    Thanks for your response. I do have 2.0.3 and the problem persists. Please see my reply to Christin for more detail.

Cliff