Thread: SatNav2 doesn't use motorways?

Neuer skobbler

SatNav2 doesn't use motorways?

Hey,

I have been using SatNav2 for a while and I have still seen no resolution to this problem. When routing long distances either with short or fast the route is never the fastest way.

For example in the U.K routing from Southampton to Chester on google, tom tom, or even new apple maps all use more or less the same route (M6)

However SatNav2 resolutely decides to take you the extremely long route through all the A-roads and small towns. This route takes almost twice as long due to speed restrictions and the generally winding nature. I have tried many different ways and have yet to successfully get SatNav2 to take me on the M6.

I have read similar stories in a few other threads however none of them seem to have been resolved.

Does anyone have any idea why this is? Will it be fixed? Is there some secret option I have missed?

Thanks

Neuer skobbler
    Same for me when traveling back to Manchester from London last weekend. Everyone I know would choose the M6 off the M1 back into Manchester. But SatNav2 wanted to take me along the M1 and through Chesterfield and all the little winding country roads instead. Baffling. I ignored it and went on the M6 of course and, eventually, SatNav2 caught on and accepted my decision.

Neuer skobbler
    Yeah I figured it would catch on if you forced it. What is odd for me is that other mapping apps using open street maps do not have this issue!