Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinks i'm in a different country

skobbler Support
    This month.

Greetings
    Christin

Neuer skobbler
    I get this problem occaisionally, and it seems to be related to the iphone's ability to pick up a gps signal. if the signal is weak (or you are indoors!) it will place you in Berlin when you try to navigate, but strangely identify the correct starting point & route if you press "panning" then the "my location" button.

Support advised me that this behaviour may also be associated with the fact that my device is jailbroken, and in these circumstances they are unable to help....

Etablierter skobbler
    Quote Originally Posted by Christin View Post
    This month.

Greetings
    Christin
    Any news? It's July

skobbler Support
    We're working on it - we released our 4.2 version in the UK iTunes Store and found a major bug. The Team is currently working on fixing it - but we won't release the 4.2 version in any other iTunes Store as long as this bug is still open. Hope that makes sense to you guys.

Greetings
    Christin

Neuer skobbler
    I have the same issue.

If I remove and re-install GPS Nav2 then it is able to find the GPS signal, and correctly and shows my location just fine. If I then quit the navigation and go back to the "destination address, take me home, favorites" screen and re-select destination address, then search for the same address it still appears to find the satellites.

Now, if I double press the home button and kill GPS Nav 2, then re-launch it and search for the same address and start navigation I get "no signal!"

Interestingly though, if I select "Map" instead of "Navigation" then it seems to correctly find my position, although selecting "Route" from the map display then selecting "current position" only highlights "current position" and does not actually do anything.

All these issues seem to have started immediately after I purchased the world map pack. I installed the UK and tried to install some US states but couldn't. That is another issue though

If this keeps this up then I will need to get my world map money refunded since currently this is unusable.

BR,
    Steve

Neuer skobbler
    Just to add... this is on an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1.1

Neuer skobbler
    Ohhh...i just simply hate this program!
    It's even more buggy than windows 3.11 was...