Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinks i'm in a different country

Neuer skobbler

Thinks i'm in a different country

Ive downloaded skobbler "satnav 2" on my iphone 4s and when I first used it, it worked perfectly then the second time it thought I was in the middle of Berlin.
    I assumed it had bugged out and re-downloaded it. It did exactly the same as previously mentioned, worked first time then afterwards thought I was in Berlin.. I live in England so its not like a slight mistake.
    Could anybody give me some advice please?

Thanks

Neuer skobbler
    Just to add, It picks up my location fine on the built in "maps" and other GPS apps

Neuer skobbler
    I have the same problem whats the fix

skobbler Support
    The Team is already working on a fix for the next update. There seems to be something weird here because this problem doesn't affect every user.. Sorry for the hassle in the meantime.

Greetings,
    Christin

Neuer skobbler
    Hej .. I see it's about a month ago since you wrote about this so-called fix, and I just wondered when it will be ready? I'm from Denmark and the weird thing is that when I only have the map for Denmark installed is usually works fine, but as soon as I install the map for Germany it thinks I'm in Berlin.. It works out the route fine, and I can also see the route, but the arrow, that should pretent to be me, is somewhere in/near Berlin..

Neuer skobbler
    Just installed two days ago - now it thinks i'm in Berlin )-: And I haven't even downloaded the german map

skobbler Support
    @all: We are still working on the next update - intensely. We will provide it soon.

Greetings
    Christin

Neuer skobbler
    Hallo Christin

Yes, I have the same problem. Much as I like Berlin, I don't want to start every journey from there. Does this mean I have to BUY a map (for example, UK) before this app will work effectively? Did I miss that piece of information when buying the app?

Thanks

skobbler Support
    @FedUp: No, you don't need to buy offline maps... The next update is due in mid-May, the Team is working on the fix.

Greetings
    Christin

Etablierter skobbler
    Quote Originally Posted by Christin View Post
    The next update is due in mid-May ...
    It is end of June. Any news regarding the update?