Thread: 07957 prefix missing from sign up list

Neuer skobbler

Daumen runter 07957 prefix missing from sign up list

Hi

I have a UK phone with O2 and it starts 07957. Unfortunately this isn't an option on the pop up list on the registration form here http://www.skobbler.co.uk/account/register so I am unable to complete the sign up process.

Can this be fixed asap?

Neuer skobbler
    Quote Originally Posted by willisweb View Post
    Hi

I have a UK phone with O2 and it starts 07957. Unfortunately this isn't an option on the pop up list on the registration form here http://www.skobbler.co.uk/account/register so I am unable to complete the sign up process.

Can this be fixed asap?
    Nor is 07799, 07912, or many others - perhaps worth remembering that (as far as I know) UK phones don't quite work like this - with the exception of 070 'virtual' numbers. Could another 'freeform' number field be added please?

Quote Originally Posted by lukebacon View Post
    Nor is 07799, 07912, or many others - perhaps worth remembering that (as far as I know) UK phones don't quite work like this - with the exception of 070 'virtual' numbers. Could another 'freeform' number field be added please?
    I agree that this is a pain. My iPhone is an 07525 number. Please make the 'exchange' part be free-form number.

skobbler CTO
    I send a note to our web product manager and I hope it will be fixed soon.
    Thanks for letting us know, unfortunately we don't seem to know the UK phone prefixes too well.

P.S.: For now you can easiyl register without a phone number since it's an optional field.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipp View Post
    I send a note to our web product manager and I hope it will be fixed soon.
    Thanks for letting us know, unfortunately we don't seem to know the UK phone prefixes too well.
    P.S.: For now you can easiyl register without a phone number since it's an optional field.
    Thanks - I did register without a phone number.

The UK phone numbering system is described quite well in Wikipedia - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telepho...United_Kingdom

The relevant section for mobile phones is:

07xxx xxxxxx — mobile phones, pagers, Personal Numbering and WiFi numbers.
    Individual mobile phone companies are allocated different ranges within the 074xx, 075xx, 07624, 077xx, 078xx and 079xx area codes. Changes to mobile phone numbers were mostly straight replacements, such as Vodafone customers on the 0378 block became 07778.
    070 xxxx xxxx Personal Numbering
    075xx xxxxxx Mobile phones (new number range in use 2007-May onwards)
    076xx xxxxxx Pagers (excluding 07624, used for mobile phones on the Isle of Man)
    077xx xxxxxx Mobile phones (former 03xx and 04xx — mostly Vodafone and O2 (formerly Cellnet)
    078xx xxxxxx Mobile phones (former 05xx, 06xx and 08xx — mostly Vodafone and O2 (formerly Cellnet)
    079xx xxxxxx Mobile phones (former 09xx — mostly Orange and T-Mobile (formerly one2one)
    07911 2xxxxx
    07911 8xxxxx WiFi numbers (used by companies such as Tovo and Mobiboo)
    Since the advent of Mobile number portability, mobile phone number prefixes can no longer be relied on to determine the current operator of a particular mobile phone – only the original operator.

In general, I think you ought to accept any number beginning 07.