Thread: International Journey

Neuer skobbler

International Journey

IPhone 4, IOS5
    Having down loaded Europe mapping, and switched to off line maps I am trying to route from Edinburgh to Dusseldorf...... having input addresses the 'Loading......' stays at the bottom of the screen for about 2 minutes, then races up to 100%, returns me to the map, but no route is shown......... the little daisy petal thing (I guess equivalent of an hour-glass) spins, but no route......? I haven't even got to the part where it will try and send me down to Dover, and I want get the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam, but one step at a time......

Also, can you input addresses on the computer and plan a route before downloading to device - might be nice.

skobbler Support
    You will have to split your route because the GPS Navi 2 cannot calculate the route across water/the sea. Therefore, have the route displayed until Dover and then - once on the Continent - further on from Calais (or whereever you you arrive) to Duesseldorf. Make sure you installed all maps needed for country-crossing navigation.

Sorry, loading routes from the computer is not possible.

Greetings,
    Christin

Neuer skobbler
    OK, Fair enough, but presumably you could look to integrate ferry service routing at very least (if not actual times and schedules).....?

skobbler Support
    Our Development Team is already aware of that issue and they'll look into it to check how to improve this workflow with one of the next updates.

Greetings,
    Christin