Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Map data & Routing Issues - SINGLE BIGGEST ISSUE with SKMaps imo

Erfahrener skobbler
    This time an error of category 1 (Refusing to route along stretch of road) in one of the most popular routes in France: Route des Grand Alpes. SKMaps thinks one specific stretch is one-way...resulting in a huge unnecessary loop. Here are screenshots of my app and openstreetmap.org. The coordinates are in the OSM screenshot. It could be seasonal closure related, but obviously it should be open now, also according to the OSM data (see 2nd screenshot).

Screenshot-001.jpg
    Screenshot-001.jpg
    image1.jpg

Erfahrener skobbler
    I confirm the bug, which was reported to our dev team for fixing.

Adrian

Erfahrener skobbler
    Thanks Adrian. Could you give me a bit more background on this? I'm trying to understand if these issues need to be fixed on a case by case (road by road / ferry by ferry) basis, or if it's more of a 'global' fix. Could be a big quick win (at least for my users) if this is more of a 'global' fix.

Erfahrener skobbler
    I don't have any feedback on this issue yet, but most likely this will be a global fix.
    Previously, I was asking for a few more examples to help my colleagues establish a pattern here.

Erfahrener skobbler
    Hi Guido,

The "Refusing to route along stretch of road" bug is fixed with the latest map release - 20180416
    As for the ferry issues, I've received the following feedback from the dev team:
    The way the routing is working now is the way is always worked, so this is not a bug.
    Ferry routes were always penalized so that it would be avoided to often route over them.

Changing this is an improvement, and it will take much more time to implement this than fixing a normal bug.

At this moment no decision has been made if we're gone have this on our road map. But because it will require lots of resources + the new SDK which will soon replace the current one, I doubt this will be tackled.