Thread: Skobbler SDK Issue with Android 7 Nougat

Neuer skobbler

Skobbler SDK Issue with Android 7 Nougat

Hello,

I have updated some of my devices to Android 7 Nougat and I am noticing that the Skobbler SDK appears to skip a number of frames when drawing video during a started route. This appears to be an issue in simulation mode, however I have not tested in real mode. Please find the video linked below for a first hand view of what is happening on Nougat. The video shows the Skobbler provided sample app with the SDK, when a simulated route is ran a number of frames are skipped during the route. I have confirmed this is only a problem on Nougat devices, older devices do not have this issue (I actually had a marshmallow device that was working fine and after updating to nougat it also exhibited the same issue with the sample app and sdk). Has anyone seen this issue in their testing with nougat? Could someone please provide any tips that would allow me to work around the problem?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7R...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks

Etablierter skobbler
    Thanks for bringing this up. We will investigate the issue.

Etablierter skobbler
    Indeed there is an issue which happens with the upgrade to Nougat version of Android. We have submitted this problem to our C++ team for further investigation on the lower level side of the library.

Neuer skobbler
    Quote Originally Posted by adrian.bortas View Post
    Indeed there is an issue which happens with the upgrade to Nougat version of Android. We have submitted this problem to our C++ team for further investigation on the lower level side of the library.
    Thanks for the update, when the issue is resolved would it be possible to provide updated build of both 2.5.x as well as 3.0.x?

Neuer skobbler
    When we can expect an update which will fix that issue?

Etablierter skobbler
    Our dev team is working as we speak on this fix. We will release a hotfix when completed.