Thread: Map updates

Neuer skobbler

Map updates

How often will the Map data be updated? The current maps e.g. of Germany and France are far from being up-to date, if you compare to the openstreetmap.org web page.
    Is there a regular schedule for map updates?

skobbler Support
    The maps will be up-to-date with the next extensive ForeverMap update which is due to be released soon.

Best regards,
    Christin

Neuer skobbler

Map updates

Dear Christin,
    thanks for the information.

Unfortunately, a single update will not really help, as the maps will be 'old' again a few weeks after the update.

Therefore, the question I really asked is whether there is an update in more or less regular intervals, and what these intervals are.

Your application works really nice; it would be great to be able to work with the most recent OSM data available.

Best regards

Jochen

P.S. As a suggestion, I would propose to add information within the app, when the maps where generated.

Neuer skobbler
    I'd like to rise the topic as well. It would be good to know when updates are scheduled, also how do you go about it? I assume you redownload the maps, free of charge?
    Regards, Anders

skobbler Support
    Next updates will probably follow next year, first or second quarter. However, I can't say anything for sure on the when and how yet because we are currently working on other programs which require a lot of our staff's capacity.

Greetings,
    Christin

Neuer skobbler
    Hi,

This is exceptionally decent and wonderful post.
    I am very happy joined this forum.
    I like it exceptionally much....!!!!

Thanks alot...
    Usman

Erfahrener skobbler
    Quote Originally Posted by Christin View Post
    Next updates will probably follow next year, first or second quarter. However, I can't say anything for sure on the when and how yet because we are currently working on other programs which require a lot of our staff's capacity.

Greetings,
    Christin
    Can you please at least publish a MAP-Update? The last one is getting old and a lot of people going to holiday, (there where it is most useful)

Oberskobbler
    I do not think that will be possible, because we only get new maps with an update of the App. And since Scout expending fewer resources for the app, an update will be even longer in coming.
    I think that's a shame, precisely for the reason you mentioned.

Internethias
    Traveling with a iPhone 6 / beta tester of "GPS Navigation & Maps" for Apple iOS
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Probleme?
    - Du kannst bereits gekaufte Karten nicht installieren? Hier (In-App-Käufe zulassen) oder hier (Upgrades erneut "kaufen") findest Du Lösungen!
    - Jailbreak installiert? Lies diesen Tread!
    - Bugs oder Probleme meldest Du bitte dem Support!

Oberskobbler
    Hi.

It looks there was an update for the maps, because the changes i add in OSM are in both apps show. But i can't look from here what timestamp the map in ForeverMap has.

Kelinci

Oberskobbler
    Update, i'm back home. In both apps (Scout Navi and Forevermaps) the maps are the same, but old. From 30.12.2014.

Greetings Kelinci