Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multi Point Routing?

Neuer skobbler

Multi Point Routing?

I will be using this primarily on my motorcycle. "The shortest distance between two points is a straight line" is not accurate for us bikers! I'd like to be able to drop multiple pins on a map and save a route. It's not about the destinations, it's about the route. Any possibility of getting a feature like this soon? Or am I missing the "how to" somewhere? Thanks!

skobbler Support
    This feature is not available at the moment, sorry. However, I will forward this suggestion for improvement to our Development Team so that they can check and implement it if possible.

Greetings,
    Christin

Neuer skobbler
    I also think this would be a very useful feature. Has there been any progress on developing this suggestion?

skobbler Support
    Not yet, sorry. The focus is currently on other features and bug fixes.

Greetings
    Christin

Neuer skobbler
    Please make this a priority - I bought the app and all maps to use while motorcycling, and at the moment the app is useless since either it'll give me the straight route between A and B, or I'll have to enter the multiple waypoints one by one, and for each one stop my driving, get my phone off its holder, take off the gloves, insert new waypoint, put phone back in holder, gloves back on and then to continue.

Highly frustrating....

Cheers Victor

Quote Originally Posted by Christin View Post

Greetings
    Christin

Neuer skobbler
    Quote Originally Posted by victor View Post
    ....take off the gloves...
    ...have you tried the Quirky Digits finger pins? They are worth a try....

Neuer skobbler
    Quote Originally Posted by WaldoPepper View Post
    ...have you tried the Quirky Digits finger pins? They are worth a try....
    Looks great, but wouldn't they ruin the gore tex in the gloves...?

Neuer skobbler
    Quote Originally Posted by victor View Post
    Looks great, but wouldn't they ruin the gore tex in the gloves...?
    Depends on where you put them ;-) If you can not go thru a seam there may be some (ca. 1mm) punching, but since the tip is made from some (conductive I suppose) rubber it seals somehow against the leather. Installation can become a bit tricky if you have a hefty lining in your gloves, but aren't bikers resourceful....? ;-)

I installed mine on the fingertips of the right and left index finger only, hence no single handed multitouch but I have not missed that up till now.

Neuer skobbler
    They have gotten mixed reviews.... Think it'd be easier if this feature would be implemented.. I've suggested it to the guys at Navfree as well, let's see who gets it out in production first

Neuer skobbler

Multiple waypoint routing definitely needed

Quote Originally Posted by Christin View Post

Greetings
    Christin
    First, congrats on making an excellent app: clean, quick, reliable - full marks. It didn't take long to decide to buy your worldwide maps for it.

However, this key missing feature should be a priority for you now.

The main reason I use multiple waypoints in other navigation apps Is to correct or bypass a poor route. I usually only need to add one marker to achieve that. But with ForeverMap, even that simple correction is impossible - and it Is not just motorcyclists who find it hard to set new routes on the fly!

I hope you'll be able to deliver this soon, as it Is the app's biggest lack.