PDA

View Full Version : Help changing the navigation arrow icon on the map during driving.

pchad
08.03.2016, 06:59
Hi,

While simulating turn by turn navigation, I want to change the default navigation arrow icon. But I can’t find the resource in “SKMap.zip” and any functions to change that icon. Please let me know how to do it..

Thanks,

Chad

Adela_Silvia
08.03.2016, 14:01
The icon resources are taken from the bundle /MapResources/Common/… - for example the current location icon is the ccp_dot_extra family – change that icon and it will be reflected in the app. Files for the current location blue dot:
· ccp_dot_extra1_retina
· ccp_dot_extra2_retina
· ccp_dot_extra2
· ccp ccp2x

If you would want to customize the navigation “arrow” you need to replace (for navigation):
(iOS-in SKMaps.bundle)
ccp_2d_retina: ccp_2d@2x, ccp_2d@3x
ccp_2d
ccp_3d_retina: cp_3d@2x, ccp_3d@3x
ccp_3d

(Android- in SKMaps.zip)
icon_map_popup_navigate

pchad
08.03.2016, 16:00
Thank you so much Adela. This will work.

The icon resources are taken from the bundle /MapResources/Common/… - for example the current location icon is the ccp_dot_extra family – change that icon and it will be reflected in the app. Files for the current location blue dot:
· ccp_dot_extra1_retina
· ccp_dot_extra2_retina
· ccp_dot_extra2
· ccp ccp2x

If you would want to customize the navigation “arrow” you need to replace (for navigation):
ccp_2d_retina
ccp_2d
ccp_3d_retina
ccp_3d
ccp_arrow_extra1_retina
ccp_arrow_extra1
ccp_arrow_extra1.png
ccp_arrow_extra2_retina
ccp_arrow_extra2

pchad
09.03.2016, 15:57
Hi Adela,

I can’t find below files for customizing navigation icon.

ccp_2d_retina
ccp_2d
ccp_3d_retina
ccp_3d
ccp_arrow_extra1_retina
ccp_arrow_extra1
ccp_arrow_extra1.png
ccp_arrow_extra2_retina
ccp_arrow_extra2

I can see only “ccp_2d”, “ccp_2d@2x.png”, “ccp_2d@3x”, “ccp_3d”, “ccp_3d@2x”, “ccp_3d@3x”, “ccpsmall_2d”, “ccpsmall_2d@2x”, “ccpsmall_2d@3x”, “ccpmedium_2d”, “ccpmedium_2d@2x”, “ccpmedium_2d@3x” files. Also I replaced these files to new icons and I compressed it as a zip file and replaced “SKMap.zip” in my project. But it still has not changed Navigation Arrow icon..I have even uninstalled my app completely, and deleted extracted resources in SD Card). Is there something else I need to do? Can you please point me to the right direction?

Adela_Silvia
10.03.2016, 15:40
I've reedited the original post- sorry, my mistake (I've used the names from a previous SDK version).

The files mentioned by you need to be changed- for 2d and 3d mode.
Check if the issue you're experiencing is not related to how you re-archive the zip file (see this case (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34935460/what-process-should-be-used-to-compress-skmaps-zip-file-for-use-in-skobbler-powe))

ps: I've tested on iOS and everything worked fine