PDA

View Full Version : Map shakes when callout view is visible (Android SDK 2.5.1)

pshegger
10.02.2016, 12:38
Hi,
I'm trying to integrate Skobbler to an application and found a bug which I couldn't solve by myself, I hope you can show me the right direction.
In the application I have a Fragment which has an SKMapViewHolder in it's layout and I'm using annotiations for displaying custom images on the map and a polyline to draw on it. Everything works fine until I click on one of the annotations which is set to open a callout view over it. At this point the map randomly starts to shake (not always). When I say shake I mean that the whole map is drawn about an inch higher on the screen, and the bottom is now filled with black, and after a short delay (0.1-1 sec) it jumps back to normal again repeating until I close the callout view.
It was tested on a Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.3), Nexus 4 (Android 5.1), Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 (both Android 6.0.1) and all of them shows the same behavior.

Thanks in advance.

Adela_Silvia
11.02.2016, 10:41
Can you reproduce this behavior also in our demo project and send us the modified project?

tunccerit
12.02.2016, 00:11
Hello,

I am having the same problem, here is the code, i use the code from the documentation. And i also tried both with custom layout and defaul UI for the call out view. Here is the code;

SKCalloutView mapPopup = mapHolder.getCalloutView();
mapPopup.setTitle("My title").setDescription("My description").setVisibility(View.VISIBLE);
mapPopup.setViewColor(Color.argb(255, 200, 200, 255));
mapPopup.setLeftImage(getResources().getDrawable(R .drawable.icon_map_popup_navigate));

mapPopup.setOnLeftImageClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {
@Override
public void onClick(View view) {
Toast.makeText(MapActivity.this, "Left image clicked", Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();
}
});

mapPopup.setVerticalOffset(110);
mapPopup.showAtLocation(new SKCoordinate(23.56, 46.77), true);

Edit: I tried to reproduce the behavior in skobller demo project in MapActvitiy but failed. Annotations worked smoothly. That activity has a lot of code in there and it is hard to find which one is preventing that behavior.

Adela_Silvia
12.02.2016, 11:46
I've reported this ticket to our development team for further investigations. Once I'll have an update I'll get back with an answer