PDA

View Full Version : Offline Address Search Sill Incomplete

peyesdev
30.05.2015, 10:06
Hi Support Team,

Thanks for the 2.5.0 update.

However, I notice that offline address search remains far from complete with lots of missing data as checked for the UK map. As it makes offline address search of little use, will this be solved anytime soon? This broken feature is a deal breaker for me.

dandronic
02.06.2015, 09:30
Hi Support Team,

Thanks for the 2.5.0 update.

However, I notice that offline address search remains far from complete with lots of missing data as checked for the UK map. As it makes offline address search of little use, will this be solved anytime soon? This broken feature is a deal breaker for me.

By "lots of missing data as checked for the UK map" - do you mean that there is data in the OSM UK map which is not visible through the SDK?

peyesdev
03.06.2015, 12:36
Hi, thanks for your message and for getting back to me. Yes, sorry I meant that the OSM data is clearly there on the map but it isn't being exposed by the SDK via the offline address search facility. It would be good if this issue could be resolved. Is this something being looked at?

Adela_Silvia
03.06.2015, 14:35
If the data was added after 13.04.2015, than the new data would be available when a new SDK will be released.
Please give us some examples and we will make sure to check them when will have some fresh map data.

peyesdev
06.06.2015, 12:13
This applies to all data and I referred to this issue in this thread a few months ago: http://forum.skobbler.com/showthread.php/7023-Lack-of-street-data-from-SKMultiStepSearch-in-offline-search and it remains unresolved. Common streets fail to appear for instance for a search of London. The number of streets returned are little and London has thousands of streets plus only a small number appear in search for streets beginning with A, B or C. None for the rest of the alphabet.

I tested: 4,469 streets returned for London in SDK 2.5.0. Less than for 2.4.0 = 4,480 streets.

peyesdev
10.06.2015, 10:30
Hi guys,

Sorry, just wondered what your thoughts are and will the offline search be corrected?

Adela_Silvia
11.06.2015, 14:16
Hi peyesdev,

We are planning a major refactoring to address the lack of data, but this won't be publicly available this year.
As for those 11 addresses that are missing-it's possible to have been deleted from OSM since December 2014 (2.4 SDK is using the map data available until then) Do you have some specific examples so that we can check?

Thank you,
Adela

peyesdev
24.06.2015, 19:47
Hello,

Examples of common London streets do not come up in the address search namely: Oxford Street, Bond Street, Piccadilly, Park Lane, and many more. Please can you check. So does that mean no resolution of this issue until next year?

Thanks.

Adela_Silvia
29.06.2015, 08:46
I'm afraid yes. But we will keep you posted in case we've got some good news.

peyesdev
29.06.2015, 16:19
Hi Adela,
Hopefully something will come soon :-) Thank you for your reply. I look forward to an update.

Thanks again :-)

jansvehla
29.08.2016, 19:51
Hello. Is there any update on this? In the latest Android 3.0.1 release candidate build this problem is still present in the demo-app (offline map of Slovakia for example).
Thanks for answer.

Adela_Silvia
02.09.2016, 16:08
The 3.0.1 SDK release candidate have been posted on the forum:http://forum.skobbler.com/showthread.php/7827-Android-3-0-1-release-candidate-build Please check if the issues are still present. A new update to the one-line search API would be available next year (as long as the issue is not related to the existing map data)