PDA

View Full Version : Android App Crashes: SKMapViewHolder$2.onClick(SourceFile:364)

isaac.udy
20.05.2015, 05:48
The app that I am working on has a crash reporting system, where when a user's app crashes, I am emailed the stacktrace. I have recently been getting the following stacktraces emails several times a week:

android.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivityResu lt(Instrumentation.java:1672)
android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Inst rumentation.java:1442)
android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activi ty.java:3474)
android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activi ty.java:3435)
android.app.Activity.startActivity(Activity.java:3 677)
android.app.Activity.startActivity(Activity.java:3 645)
com.skobbler.ngx.map.SKMapViewHolder$2.onClick(Sou rceFile:364)
android.view.View.performClick(View.java:4633)
android.view.View$PerformClick.run(View.java:19330 )
android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:733 )
android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95 )
android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:157)
android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.jav a:5293)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCa ller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1265)
com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit .java:1081)
dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

As I can see, there's not really much useful information in that stacktrace. It's not linking back to any of my code, so I don't know where to start looking for it. I can't reproduce the error either, so that pretty much puts me at a dead end.

However, there is the one line "com.skobbler.ngx.map.SKMapViewHolder$2.onClick(Sou rceFile:364)" which is immediately followed by a call to start an activity. So, the user clicks something, and activity is attempted to be started, and then the app crashes because the activity isn't found.

What I want to know is why this is happening, and how I can stop it occurring.

What's going on in line 364 in SKMapViewHolder ?

Adela_Silvia
20.05.2015, 11:35
Do you use multiple map instances or multiple activities with maps? Can you give us some more details on how you're code/app is structured? (we're trying to understand how you are interacting with the map, to see where might the problem come from)

isaac.udy
21.05.2015, 00:40
My app is basically one activity. Other activities are rarely called, and when they are, they are usually transparent style overlays, such as an async loading bar that overlays the screen to prevent user interaction, or a pop-out drawer that shows some extra information in an overlay.

Does that make sense?

Is there any chance at all I can see what is happening on line 364 of that source file? I think it would save us huge amounts of time if I could just look and see which activity it is trying to start (because then it would be easy to figure out why that activity isn't found).

isaac.udy
22.05.2015, 01:53
Alright, so I have actually found the problem. Turns out it has nothing to do with Skobbler!

The users of my app are using locked down devices via a 3rd party app called MobiControl. They have their internet locked off. When they click on the "Powered by Scout" link on the map, it causes their device to try and open the internet browser, which isn't allowed, and causes the app to crash.

Obviously I didn't pick this up during development because I am not using a locked down device, and I don't actually have very much to do with deployment at all.

Sorry for wasting your time :)

dandronic
22.05.2015, 07:42
We're glad to hear you've managed to sort things out!