PDA

View Full Version : Destination side

distwo
13.05.2015, 00:51
Hi,

Using Android SDK 2.4

When I reach the destination, how can I know if the destination is on the left or on the right?

Thank you.

Internethias
13.05.2015, 08:37
Use to your internal sensors and look around! :rolleyes:

Best,
Internethias

dandronic
13.05.2015, 08:49
The SDK provides you this information based on knowing where the destination is and what's the direction you are coming from.

The final advices will be something like (extract from the text to speech audio config file). I've bolded the advices that contain $(side) information:
Destination advises
last_p1 in_open|$distance|leave_the_main_road|your_destina tion|is_on_the_$(side)_side
last_p2 in_open|$distance|leave_the_main_road|your_destina tion|is_on_the_$(side)_side
last_p3 now|leave_the_main_road|your_destination|is_on_the _$(side)_side|@
last_combine you_will_reach_your_destination

Destination reach advises
dest_p1 in_open|$distance|you_will_reach_your_destination
dest_p2 in_open|$distance|you_will_reach_your_destination
dest_p3 now|you_have_reached_your_destination|your_destina tion|is_on_the_$(side)_side|@
dest_combine you_will_reach_your_destination

distwo
13.05.2015, 20:16
Thank you for your answer, I saw that the info was available in the tts advice.

So does that mean I need to parse the tts instruction string to look for the direction?

How would that work with localization?

dandronic
14.05.2015, 07:48
Thank you for your answer, I saw that the info was available in the tts advice.

So does that mean I need to parse the tts instruction string to look for the direction?

How would that work with localization?

Parsing the text instruction would do it - each supported language has its own config file so you need to make sure that your parsing logic covers all the possible (localized) cases.

distwo
14.05.2015, 18:33
Hmm... That's really bad... I hope that it will be in the list of improvement for 2.5.

That would be great if that could show up in the onUpdateNavigationState(SKNavigationState skNavigationState)

The final advice should contain the side (right / left / unknown).