PDA

View Full Version : Creating custom voice packages

pleonard
12.03.2015, 12:12
Hello,

I'm investigating how to create new voice packs (for existing languages but also new ones). I've checked the content of existing voice packs and had a few questions:
- When you choose a voice pack in code, you have to set the advisor voice (which corresponds to the voice pack directory) and the language. What is the language for?
- general.csv seems to be the file where the messages for the user are configured. If an event in the Key column occurs, the program will generate a message based on the template Default config column. Is that correct?
- for some voice packs I've found sound files which don't seem to be referenced in any of the configuration files for that language (for instance jusqu`a_la_destination_finale.mp3 in French) Are these files used? If so, where is it configured?
- it seems that every voice pack contains and english version of numbers (for instance 95th_eng.mp3) Why? Is it mandatory?
- is there documentation somewhere on how to build new voice packs?

Best regards,

Pierre Leonard

Adela_Silvia
13.03.2015, 19:42
You can add different languages for the voice navigation. The currently supported languages (TTS or audio files) are: German, English (British & US), Spanish, French, Italian, Romanian, Russian, Danish, Hungarian, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Polish. By default is set to English (en_us).

Indeed in order to modify the audio advices you will have to modify the general.csv file located in the Languages folder. E.g. If you're using the en_us language resources:
• On Android: inside SKMaps.zip the /Maps/Advisor/en_us/advisor_configfiles folder
• On iOS: inside the SKAdvisorResources.bundle the /Languages/en_us/advisor_configfiles folder

You’ll find some useful information in the support page and in our getting started documentation about how you can configure the audio advices file:
-for iOS: http://developer.skobbler.com/getting-started/ios#sec22
-for Android: http://developer.skobbler.com/getting-started/android#sec017

Regarding these 2 questions:
- for some voice packs I've found sound files which don't seem to be referenced in any of the configuration files for that language (for instance jusqu`a_la_destination_finale.mp3 in French) Are these files used? If so, where is it configured?
- it seems that every voice pack contains and english version of numbers (for instance 95th_eng.mp3) Why? Is it mandatory?
Please let me check. I’ll get back with the answer.