PDA

View Full Version : Regarding SKCalloutViews and SKCircles

Roderick
07.03.2015, 14:22
Dear Skobbler support team & fellow developers,

Throughout the development of my Android app I've run into a small issue. In the app, there are a variety of objects (SKCircles, specifically) added throughout the map in a dynamic fashion. These circles are used as a summary of the amount and type of underlying annotations. For this purpose, I would like to add a small number in the center of each circle which represents this summary. This is where I encounter some difficulty. If I implement multiple calloutviews, which will inherit from the map added to the layout, these will all overlap if I place a single one at a place and make it visible. For instance, I would select an annotation and a calloutview will become visible containing information about the object selected, but if I then make another SKCalloutView object visible through the ShowAtLocation command, then the calloutview belonging to the annotation will automatically also appear there.

Is there something that I'm overlooking? If not, would there be a different way of implementing a number to appear together with an SKCircle object? The circlecenter class of an SKCircle contains "Name" and "Description" properties, but I am unsure if these are related to the actual appearance of the circle.

Kind regards, and thanks in advance for the support.

Roderick

Adela_Silvia
10.03.2015, 12:25
Hi Roderick,

We have to check this use case with the dev team. We'll get back to you with an answer asap.

Roderick
11.03.2015, 00:38
Many thanks for the quick reply and support. I will await your further response!

Kind regards,

Adela_Silvia
11.03.2015, 14:32
The answer from our dev team:
"- Currently, we don't support multiple SKCalloutViews and the SKCircle class does not have any method to place a number within it
- a way for implementing a number to appear together with a circle, would be a custom layout (represented by a circle(a drawable) with a textview(for example) in which he can set the desired number) and the use of the SKAnnotation class for that custom layout (for adding the elements to the map)"

Hope this help!

Roderick
11.03.2015, 17:20
The answer from our dev team:
"- Currently, we don't support multiple SKCalloutViews and the SKCircle class does not have any method to place a number within it
- a way for implementing a number to appear together with a circle, would be a custom layout (represented by a circle(a drawable) with a textview(for example) in which he can set the desired number) and the use of the SKAnnotation class for that custom layout (for adding the elements to the map)"

Hope this help!

Many thanks for the quick reply. The lack of multiple calloutviews is more than made up for by the rapid support of the Skobbler dev team. We will be able to continue working on the project with the solution presented here.

Kind regards,

Roderick