PDA

View Full Version : iphone issues

leed
14.05.2010, 12:55
Hello Skobbler
I seem to be having some issues with the iphone app.
o I can't login, if I click login after filling in my username/passwd I get the spinner then it just goes back to the login page?
o If I skip login, I get "Unknown server error" if I look up any city

Really looking forward to working with OSM
Cheers
Lee

Tom59
14.05.2010, 22:59
Hello Lee, i have seen a note in the manual that says that the login only works in Germany at the moment.

Marcus
17.05.2010, 00:06
@leed:
The login should actually work in UK/Ireland. It's the "local search" function that's only included in Germany. The "unknown server error" may have something to do that you seem to have tried to log in while you were connected to a wireless lan. Please try to connect using a 3G/Edge connection and let us know whether the error still occurs.

Tom59
17.05.2010, 14:43
@leed:
The login should actually work in UK/Ireland. It's the "local search" function that's only included in Germany. The "unknown server error" may have something to do that you seem to have tried to log in while you were connected to a wireless lan. Please try to connect using a 3G/Edge connection and let us know whether the error still occurs.

I have the same issue as Lee. I tried logging on with 3G earlier today, but still get the same "Incorrect Name / Password" message. :confused:

dynasys
15.06.2010, 13:41
I have the same problem trying to login using both wifi and 3G. I have the same problem also if I try to skip login using both wifi and 3G.

Marcus
15.06.2010, 23:03
Thanks for pointing this out - we are looking into it.

vsmith1
20.06.2010, 13:07
Just joined, cannot get to login from iPhone on either WiFi or 3G. At present skobbler is pretty useless - is there a fix? I am using skobbler lite. Even trying skip I still get the message "Connection failed! Please check your internet connection" - I have checked and it is fine.

Mrgrimsby
20.06.2010, 14:39
I too have this problem today and was unable
to use skobbler as a sat nav . It is a serious problem
because it renders the app useless because it will not
even launch!!

Philipp
22.06.2010, 09:00
I hope this is fixed for everybody, please let me know it the error still appears.