PDA

View Full Version : Tap on a pin in Portrait view; switch to Landscape - pin shows wrong place

icefire
04.12.2014, 13:57
Tap on a pin in Portrait view; switch to Landscape - pin shows wrong place.

That's pretty much what is happening. The opposite works - if, in landscape mode; I tap on a pin from over the map and turn to Portrait; the info-balloon re-adjusts properly.

But vice-versa; not.

A fix will be REALLY appreciated?

Thanks!

icefire
04.12.2014, 14:00
A screenshot to go along:

dandronic
04.12.2014, 14:00
Could you specify which SDK version you are using (2.3, 2.2 or other) and on which platform?
If I understand correctly the pin is correctly repositioned but the callout view (the info-box) is not?

icefire
04.12.2014, 14:07

I have tried with the new one 2.3.1; but it seems it's not fixed there too; and if zoomed out; you can't also tap the pins.

Any ideas? This is serious.

dandronic
05.12.2014, 18:53
This is a bug which will be fixed for the next release.

The issue could be worked around by implementing didRotateFromInterfaceOrientation: and manually repositioning the callout like this
- (void)didRotateFromInterfaceOrientation:(UIInterfa ceOrientation)fromInterfaceOrientation {
[self.mapView showCalloutForAnnotation:yourAnnotation withOffset:CGPointMake(0, 42.0f) animated:NO]; //you could also use showCalloutAtLocation
}

The callout reposition will lag a bit behind the rest of the UI but it will be repositioned correctly.
The annotation tap issue when zooming out can be solved by changing the annotationTapZoomLimit in the mapView.settings.

icefire
05.12.2014, 19:17
Wow, that's great information. Thank you! Awaiting 2.4 too.