PDA

View Full Version : Selected Free Map Grayed Out

Bryan
22.02.2014, 21:51
I upgraded my cell phone and decided to repurpose my old phone as a dedicated GPS/MP3 device for riding my motorcycle. In preperation of this I found Skobbler in the Play Store and tested it out. I purchased the offline version and everything was good. I tested it on my Nexus 7 and my Droid Razr Maxx, the phone that was being retired, without issue. I got my new phone and installed it on there too, still gravy. I decided to wipe the Razr Maxx and reload it, so I did a factory reset. I reloaded it and went into Skobbler to configure it and the "Select free map" option was grayed out and couldn't be changed.

Since then, I have wiped data and cache on the app, reinstalling it with no luck. I have done numerous factory resets with no change. I completely reloaded the factory ROM onto the phone with no change. Finally, I rooted the phone and installed CM10.2 on the phone, still I can't select the country.

There are only two things I can think of that changed since the first time I had it successfully running on the phone. First, I have successfully installed it 3 times with the US selected as my free map, since then I have been unable to select a map. Is there a limit to the number of devices I can install it on?

Second, since the wipe and reinstall where this problem began the phone no longer has cellular service. Is it possible that it doesn't want to let me choose a map because it isn't connected to a carrier?

I'm at my wits end and contacted support 3 weeks ago with no response for a full week, at which point I got a response asking if I had chosen the country before, which would be a no, and whether I was rooted, which was no at the time. I responded to that message and have not heard anything else since.

Can someone PLEASE help me? This project was the entire purpose of the purchase. Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

makiHD
23.02.2014, 21:47
Hi Bryan.

I think this is because after having purchased the app you have only one single offline map.
And GPS nav does know which map this is because it's connected to your Google (play) account.

If you want more than one offline map, you could purchase one over the built-in app shop.

For the cellular problems: I'm not sure if no cellular service causes malfunction of GPS nav.
But I think you have to reflash your baseband or something went here wrong.

I would suggest to solve this issue thirst, because no cellular service isn't any advantage for a smartphone, is it? :)