PDA

View Full Version : Can't find ForeverMap in iTunes store

brucerpeterson
07.12.2010, 00:12
I can't find ForeverMap anywhere in the iTunes store. I have searched for ForeverMap, Forever, and finally skobbler and ForeverMap does not show up anywhere. I am located in the U.S.A. Can anyone explain what is likely happening? Thanks.

Christin
08.12.2010, 15:00
The reason why you can't find ForeverMap in iTunes's US Store is that we didn't launch it for the US (yet). The version available at the moment is called in full "ForeverMap Europe".

All the best,
Christin

brucerpeterson
09.12.2010, 01:20
Will it be available by summer? I intend to be traveling in Europe then and would find it useful.

Christin
13.12.2010, 11:01
Ok, I thought you wanted to buy ForeverMap for the US... If you need the European version, you can go to the German iTunes Store, create an account and download ForeverMap Europe. I don't think we will release the European version in the US store because obviously it wouldn't make that much sense. ;-)

All the best,
Christin

brucerpeterson
13.12.2010, 23:49
What about those of us in the U.S. who travel to Europe? But thanks for the workaround.

brucerpeterson
13.12.2010, 23:54
Actually, I don't know how to get access to the German iTunes store. I can navigate to the Apple.com/de/iTunes page but that doesn't get me to any apps. And when I launch iTunes here in the States, I don't know how to point it away from the U.S. store to the German one.

Christin
16.12.2010, 11:19
I only found a guide how to get an U.S. when you are in Germany, but maybe it works vice versa. Therefore, please try:

1. Go to your iTunes
2. Start the media player and then press "iTunes Store"
3. You will probably be connected to the U.S. store so please scroll down and select Germany in "My Store"
4. Now that you should be in the German store, search for our ForeverMap Europe and select it
5. Even if you already have an iTunes account, you will have to create another one
6. Pay attention: When you have to insert your address, your name and street may be fake but city, state and ZIP code need to be correct!
7. After registration, you will receive an activation email from iTunes and once confirmed, your German account should be usable.

Let me know if that worked.

Best regards,
Christin

Dixpat
13.03.2011, 06:33
Christin

I too wish to purchase your app but cannot access the German store

I have tried your work around but with out success

Can you please advise a solution

Dixpat
13.03.2011, 06:35
Christin

I too wish to purchase your app but cannot access the German store

I have tried your work around but with out success

Can you please advise a solution

kerosin
13.03.2011, 09:03
Try to use a German Http Proxy (google) and then enter the German Apple Store. Good Luck!

Or try https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/60/wa/createAppleId?localang=de_DE but I guess it won't work.

flaneur54
23.03.2011, 09:28
I strongly suggest that Skobbler cross post all apps in the U.S. store. Apple makes it very difficult to switch stores. (practically impossible) One has to have an address and a credit card in each country in which you want to register, France, Germany, etc. So, to register and buy in the Germany store, I would have to have a German address and a credit card in Germany. Please consider making all versions available in the U.S. store. And of course for the German store, you should make the U.S. version available to the many Germans that love visiting the U.S. each year. I'm looking forward to having the updated European version soon available in the U.S. store as I am an American traveling in Europe for several months. Thank you very much!

Christin
23.03.2011, 16:40
Our Board Members are currently discussing the release/country issue. One possibility might be that we offer the European version as a new feature in the US version with one of the next updates. However, this has not been decided yet, but we'll keep you updated!

Best regards,
Christin

subway21
29.04.2011, 15:00
Is it not possible for a European member to share his app and then activation by a US citizen with a bought code or something ?