PDA

View Full Version : Some questions

netwiz
30.11.2010, 12:22
I'm using forever map on an iphone 3G. I have some questions - thanks for the answers

1) How can I tell if I'm using a free or paid version. I think there's a paid version, isn't there?

2) In the settings within the app, 'standby' is set to 'off'. In the phone settings, it's set to 'on'. Which one takes priority?

3) What does 'standby' do?

4) When I'm using the app, my current position doesn't move as I move. I have to click the arrow again to re-map my current position, and doing this re-sets the orientation and scale. Should my current position move as I do?

thanks
Nick

Christin
01.12.2010, 15:20
Hi Nick,

1) There is only one - paid - version available in both markets.

2) This is a bug and not intended. With the next update of our ForeverMap Europe this will be changed in the way that the iPhone settings will always be equivalent to the app settings and vice versa. Therefore, there won't be a priority anymore. At the moment, the priority is on our programme.

3) "Standby" in our app means that if it is "on" you can use our app even if your iPhone is in standby mode.

4) Yes, the position should move as well. This is also not perfect at the moment because you always have to tap the arrow so that your position is shown in the map. With one of the next updates, we intend the position to be always shown, independent of tapping the arrow.

Best regards,
Christin

netwiz
01.12.2010, 16:31
Christin many thanks for your answers. I'm new to the iPhone, and I don't understand what it means for the phone to be in standby? Would it be possible for this to be made clearer in the settings?

I hope the ability for the position to move without tapping the arrow will be there soon, as without it I find the app almost unusable for navigation.

thanks
Nick