PDA

View Full Version : Itunes Forevermap 3 is this a clone in iTunes store?

Robin
24.07.2013, 13:22
I liked the look of Forevermap and did a search on iTunes uk on my ipod and hit purchase. I now do not think I purchased the Skobbler app but what I would call a clone instead. It is called ForeverMap 3 by Iny Jabor and it uses the same icon As the Skobbler ForeverMap 2 but with a small red splash in the top left hand corner. The App info lists "uses skobbler NGx map technology" It has 27 ratings a 5* but cannot route, shows just on-line data, has an illegible interface and no functionality. It always shows my Lat and Long as 0Deg / 0Deg which is in the sea west of Africa. I will take this up with Apple for a refund, but can someone tell me if this is linked to Skobbler or a clone?

Robin
24.07.2013, 13:27
Just to add, It has an exact copy of the skobbler app description in it's description but appears to be an independant guy and the App support goes to learn4good.com. This is looking like a scam.

Christin
30.07.2013, 14:17
Yes, SCAM. It's alreayd been reported to Apple's Legal Department. Thanks for letting us know!

Greetings
Christin

Robin
30.07.2013, 20:56
OK we agree a scam, all reviews have 3 of 3 people like this etc...so it becomes more obvious. Just for your information. I reported this and Apple gave me a refund, with the proviso that this is a one-time refund as all purchases are final. Very good of them eh. I asked what they were going to do and they suggested I write a review in the Apps page! Despite the feeble response by Apple I did this and it got buried very with a few more 5*reviews. This guy is still active and Apple seem to be doing little about it. I did get to buy your App and am currently traveling and using it. Very pleased so thanks very much.

Christin
07.08.2013, 14:47
Thanks for the update, we'll look into the issue again!

Greetings
Christin

Menno_28
27.08.2013, 00:14
I also installed the app, and after complaining got a refund. The app, however, does have a neat trick: is seems to be able to display my current location on it's map, without a wifi connection - even when driving in a relatively uninhabited part of the country! This seems to work kind-of like a GPS system, but my iPad 2 is not equipped with GPS (as far as I know). Does anyone know what is going on here and is this feature (or should I say trick) also available on Forevermap 2?

Greetings, Menno

Christin
05.09.2013, 08:47
Hi Menno,
No, this "feature" is not available in our ForeverMap 2. Also, the scam app has been removed from iTunes now and we hope it won't show up again.

Greetings
Christin