PDA

View Full Version : How to download app? (PL)

nosky
05.11.2010, 12:43
Hello,

I'm trying to download your app from internet/market, but without success... Is it possible to download Skobbler in Poland? How may I install it in my phone? (Wildfire)
I'll be very grateful for your help :-)
Best regards,

Daniel
nosky@pp.org.pl

skobbler team
05.11.2010, 13:18
Hi Daniel,

did you find the app ? or you can`t download it ? can you tell us more about this ?

BR,
Dragos

nosky
05.11.2010, 13:31
Hi Dragos,

thank you for your quick reply :-)
I can not find the app in the market. When I try to scan barcode - it doesn't work form me too. (there is no such app in the market)

My localization: Poland
Handset: HTC Wildfire (Android 2.1)

Thanks for your help :-)
Best regards,

Daniel
nosky@pp.org.pl

skobbler team
05.11.2010, 14:12
Daniel,

i have a bad news for you ! the app is not available for Poland market currently :( i am very very sorry ...

nosky
05.11.2010, 14:49
Hi Dragos,

ok, I understand...
Is there any other possibility to download app and instal it in the phone? E.g. is it possible to download it from your website or ftp?
Or maybe is it possible to get app via an email? :-)
Best regards,

Daniel
nosky@pp.org.pl

skobbler team
05.11.2010, 15:09
The main problem is, that the app is not running in Poland, we dont offer routing functionality for Poland, so it's useless ... i`m sorry :(

nosky
05.11.2010, 16:27
Hi Dragos,

OK, I understand. Thanks for your help :-)
If you will be looking for testers in Poland - let me know, I'll be glad if I could test your app :-)
Best regards,

Daniel
nosky@pp.org.pl

skobbler team
05.11.2010, 16:34
Your welcome Daniel, and when we`ll need some help, i`ll contact you :)

Best regards mate,
Dragos

Pampalini
26.12.2010, 17:53
Hello

I am also from Poland. To find skobbler in android market I use sim card from UK T-Mobile. App install and works fine. Interface is very, very nice and easy to use. Skobbler found my current location in Poland. Tomorow morning I will try to navigate to work and share my opinion with You.
I found one small bug - in "My location" menu all description are in German language. If You like I can help with translation to Polish.

My handset is Xperia X8, Android 2.1

Best regards

Pampalini
28.12.2010, 00:20
Hi again

I start Skobbler today morning, chose destination, wait about 30-60 seconds when app compute the route and just drive. Skobbler run without any problems, drive me where I want to go (about 15 km path). To make the test more difficult, for a few times I turn different then Skobbler order me - each time app calculate a new route in 30-60 seconds and only one time ask me to make u-turn. Maps are detailed and accurate, I am really delighted. For me Skobbler is best free navigate solution for Android. I hope You will expand Skobbler support for Poland. If You need more test You welcome.

Best Regards

Christin
06.01.2011, 15:23
@Pampalini:
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with everyone. However, I am not quite sure how expensive this testing will be for you since you use a UK sim card and skobbler needs constant access to the internet while navigating. We cannot be held liable for any roaming costs, you know ;-)

Best regards,
Christin

Pampalini
06.01.2011, 15:36
Don't worry, I use UK sim card only to get skobbler. Normally, also to test skobbler, I use Polish "Play" card.

volucris
02.05.2011, 02:02
I am doing the same thing in Norway, and can confirm it is working beautifully here as well.

I am glad to see that the skobbler team members do not seem to oppose usage outside the supported areas, but it does make me wonder why the distinction between supported and unsupported areas is even there. Searching and navigation works just fine, and Skobbler is by far the best free navigation app in these regions. So it really is a pity it can now only be used by users with foreign sim-cards or the willpower to figure out how to fake your whereabouts in the android market.

clyde4felix
11.07.2011, 12:08
You will get the useful information here:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E10513_01/doc/install.310/e10496/overview.htm
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nk-pl/id347291471?mt=8