PDA

View Full Version : How is Skobbler implemented.

NikolayMetchev
12.10.2010, 14:37
I am interested in particular if you use OpenRoutingService.org or if you are using your own algorithm. If you are using your own algorithm is it running on the skobbler server or the client?
Also if you are using your own algorithm are you taking into account OSM restrictions? Is the algorithm subject to improvement etc......
Much appreciated
Nikolay

skobbler team
12.10.2010, 16:50
Hi Nikolay,

Thanks for your interest towards our Skobbler product. What we can say for now is that the we're not using OpenRoutingService.org and that our Android navigation is a server-powered offboard client.
Unfortunately we cannot disclose all the "secrecy" of our product implementation, but what we can say for sure is that we are continuously trying to improve our products and therefore our algorithms as well.

Keep in touch!

NikolayMetchev
12.10.2010, 17:08
Thanks for the quick response. The reason I ask is that I would like to be able to correct problems when I see them. With ORS I can recreate the route after and see if the problem lies with OSM or ORS. Is there a web based router for skobbler that I can use to recreate routes and report problems with?

skobbler team
13.10.2010, 08:44
Hi Nikolay,
We appreciate your interest in our products and we are glad to let you know that you can report route and map problems directly from our application by pressing the ladybug button. The route and the bugs can be viewed from our web page, please give it a try.
Thanks,
skobbler team.