PDA

View Full Version : Routing at roundabouts / traffic circles

lmicalle
26.08.2010, 11:53
Hi all,

Noticed that the Skobbler Android app has a few issues with routing at roundabouts. It appears that the app thinks that we drive on the right hand side of the road and that we go anti-clockwise around roundabouts in the UK - which is incorrect.

The UK maps should be configured for driving on the left hand side of the road and going around roundabouts clockwise.

The route overview shows the correct detail, but the voice guidance and intersection icon are incorrect - showing the wrong direction and giving the wrong exit number

dazerc
30.08.2010, 22:39
This happens to me too.

I was coming up to a round a bout the map showed it was the third exit but the voice said turn right at the round a bout first exit.

So looks like it is set to driving on the left hand side of the road.
Is there a way to change this?

DilbertDave
01.09.2010, 23:14
I reported these issues a little while ago (http://forum.skobbler.com/showthread.php?396-Reporting-Non-Mapping-Bugs) and have been assured that they are looking into them.

I don't think that this is just an issue with driving on the right - I cross a number of roundabouts on my way to work with four exits (including the one I'm approaching on) and needing to take the second exit means that this would still be wrong if I was driving on the right.