PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Restore on new tablet

cliffnmontgomery
19.12.2012, 22:38
When I first installed ForeverMap2 it was on a Motorola Razr phone. I purchased the World package. I recently bought a Visio VTAB1008 and installed ForeverMap2. Attempts to Restore result in a message: "No response from Google Play - restore incomplete". I tried this a number of times, so I don't think is is a result of temporary unavailability of Play Store. I decided maybe I was required to purchase World again since it is for a different device, but clicking Purchase Package > Buy produces no result. The program also does not respond to touching Buy on the individual countries.

Update on December 27th, 2012: I have now uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my Vizio tablet a number of times but it does not ask where I want to store the map data. On my Droid Razr, when I uninstalled and reinstalled version 2.1.0 came up and asked where to store the data. I decided the problem might be because both devices were on the same Play Store account, so I deleted myself from the Vizio, added my wife's account, and purchased the app for the Vizio with her account. No change. Each time it comes up and welcomes me back as though it recognizes the device, but won't allow me to buy or download packages.

Thanks,
Cliff

Christin
09.01.2013, 16:30
Hi Cliff, thanks for your update. Which Android version is currently installed? Custom ROM yes/no on your Visio? Which app version is installed?

Greetings
Christin

cliffnmontgomery
10.01.2013, 15:52
Hi Cliff, thanks for your update. Which Android version is currently installed? Custom ROM yes/no on your Visio? Which app version is installed?

Greetings
Christin

Christin,

Here is the data from Settings / About Tablet:
Model number VTAB1008
Region United States
Serial number TFCILAAN1108783
Android version 3.2.1 HTK55
Kernel version 2.6.35.7+ (gituser@superlinuxcomp#1)
Hardware version ID:5(PVT1)
Software version V.I.A Plus 2.1
Uboot version 2.1.1
Build number 2.3.64

The tablet has a 32Gb external SD card installed

Here are the problems:
1) When the app is installed it does not ask where to store the data
2) Restore does not work
3) Buy does not work

Am I expected to purchase a 2nd copy of World for this new device? If so, I'm OK with that - I just want to know how to proceed.

Thanks,
Cliff