PDA

View Full Version : using Skobbler GPS Nav2 on iPOD Touch 4G

pvdhoeff
02.09.2012, 17:37
I have a few questions regarding the use of GPS Nav on an iPOD Touch 4G. I use a Bluetooth GPS receiver (Adapt AD 750).

First of all, I can't make the map face in the direction I go. According to the help file you have to tap a few times on the localisation arrow but that gives me only two options: map will follow your position or map has been centered on your position. How can I make the map face my direction?

Secondly, If a receive a good GPS signal (which I can see on the map) but I am not on a main road starting the navigations part says: GPS signal not found ... Only when I am on a main road i can start navigation.

For the rest a good app, allthough sko-Pilot is slow and always behind my real position (even when I just walk).

Peter

Christin
05.09.2012, 10:48
Hi Peter,
Please note that our GPS Navigation 2 requires an internal GPS receiver to work properly. We tested the TomTom CarKit alright as an external GPS receiver but I cannot say anything about the device you use. It might very well be that you experience the trouble because of the lack of a built-in GPS receiver/your external GPS receiver which is not supported.

As for the map issue:
If the grey arrow is not enabled and blue but still grey, the map is centered on your position and it does indeed face the direction you go; this is indicated by the blue dot with the sight cone. If you turn left, the sight cone will show the blue dot facing in the left direction, too.

Greetings
Christin