PDA

View Full Version : Uninstalling maps / freeing storage space

ilanman
29.08.2012, 09:50
Hi,

I bought the world map within GPS Navigation 2 and installed the maps for the Netherlands, Belgium and France during my vacation. After I came back home in the Netherlands, I uninstalled Belgium and France. According to the app settings, that has worked just fine. However, according to the storage usage within my iPhone settings, the app still has 1,2gb of data stored, which is about the same as the 3 countries together. I really need the storage for other purposes.

How do I free up the storage space claimed by the app?

Thanks!!

Christin
31.08.2012, 14:53
Please reboot your iPhone (start it new completely). Is the space free again now?

Greetings
Christin

ilanman
05.09.2012, 10:09
Thanks for the response, but no, that does not solve the problem. (Tried that before and tried it again just now..)

I guess that removing and reinstalling the app will work for me right now (though that is just a workaround), but will I not loose my in-app purchase?

Thanks!

Christin
05.09.2012, 10:41
After deleting and reinstalling the app, you get your purchased maps back as follows:
Start the app --> Upgrades --> Redownload --> enter the password for the Apple ID here with which you purchased the maps before. They are then available again (for free) in Installation status --> Purchased.

Please reboot your device before you reinstall the app.

Greetings
Christin

ilanman
05.09.2012, 10:46
OK, thanks, will do that.

Off topic, I know, but any plans for enhanced features such as (more) realtime info about traffic jams, road maintenance, etc. (in particular for NL) in the near future?

Thanks again!

Christin
05.09.2012, 10:51
The Team received a lot of suggestions for improvement in the traffic/etc. direction but as for now, I cannot give any details if and if yes, when any new features of that kind will be implemented, sorry.

Greetings
Christin

ilanman
05.09.2012, 10:54
Well, I look forward to the implementation of those features. If you need any beta testers at some point, count me in!

Christin
05.09.2012, 11:23
Many thanks for that offer, we'll keep it in mind! :)

Greetings
Christin