PDA

View Full Version : Streetnames missing in GPS Nav 2

dilallio
08.06.2012, 15:30
I've just started using GPS Navigation 2 and I've noticed that even when I am zoomed in, most street names are missing.
I've opened up OpenStreetMap and I can see the street names there.
In my town, a roundabout has just been replaced with traffic lights. Openstreetmap has been changed to reflect the change, but GPS Navigation 2 is still displaying a roundabout at this location.

I have not purchased any maps. Can you advise if I am doing something wrong.
Thanks,
dilallio

dilallio
14.06.2012, 13:11
Anyone?

Thanks, John

Christin
14.06.2012, 13:31
Maps are updated regularly but not on a 1:1 basis (meaning that it takes some time to update map material which is used in our program). The next release is due this month, then you should see the traffic lights instead of the roundabout. :)

Greetings
Christin

dilallio
22.08.2012, 16:05
Hi Christin,
Unfortunately I still cannot see anywhere updates on Satnav2 even though This edits have been on OpenStreetMap for almost 4 months. The area in question is in Galway City in the Rep. of Ireland.
Thanks,
John

Christin
23.08.2012, 10:22
Do you have our latest program version? There was a release a couple of weeks ago.

Greetings
Christin

dilallio
23.08.2012, 15:45
I'm on version 4.2.1, dated 23-Jul-2012. I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Christin
24.08.2012, 08:47
OK, you have the latest version. Let me have some of the streets which are in OSM and are not shown in our app. I'd like to check that on our devices.

Many thanks
Christin

dilallio
04.09.2012, 12:09
Hi Christin,
Apologies for the delay - I was away.
Here are some examples:
If you search for "Hazelwood Grove, Galway, Ireland" you will see that the streetnames have been populated on OpenStreetMap but not on SatNav2.
Another example - perform a search on OpenStreetMap for "Bothar Na dTreabh, Castlegar, Galway, County Galway, Connacht, Ireland". This was updated months ago from a roundabout to a signalised junction, but is still showing on satnav2 as a roundabout. The same is happening to the junction - OpenStreetMap search = "Bothar Na dTreabh, Ballybaan, Galway, County Galway, Connacht, Ireland"
Thanks for taking time to look at this issue.

dilallio
19.09.2012, 11:16
Hi Christin,
Did you get any time to look at this? Let me know if you need any other information.
Thanks,
John

dilallio
26.09.2012, 14:30
Any update?
How often do you update Irish OpenStreetMaps onto your app?

dilallio
08.10.2012, 13:54
Hi Christin. Any chance you can update me on the status of this please.
I purchased this app but it has not been updated in my area from OpenStreetMaps in a long long while.
Thinking now of asking the AppStore for a refund.
Thanks,
John

Christin
11.10.2012, 15:30
Sorry for the delay in reply! The next update is due to be released - with new map material. I cannot give a precise date though, sorry. If you can, please wait for this update and check your area again. If the app is still lacking certain parts which are available in OSM though, let us know.

Greetings
Christin

dilallio
03.11.2012, 13:40
Hi Christin,
The latest release now contains the latest maps for my area.
Thanks to you & the Skobbler team.
John