PDA

View Full Version : Will Not Update Position

Deafhawk
28.05.2012, 14:58
It finds the initial position on or off line (have wifi only not 3G and have maps installed). Updates direction continually but not position. Tried rebooting and reinstalling. Just stays at the initial position. Touching any object on the screen, GPS, settings... Results in the same 2D display with no GPS or other information.

Tags
29.05.2012, 14:19
It finds the initial position on or off line (have wifi only not 3G and have maps installed). Updates direction continually but not position. Tried rebooting and reinstalling. Just stays at the initial position. Touching any object on the screen, GPS, settings... Results in the same 2D display with no GPS or other information.

I have same issue.

IPhone 4, Software 5.1.1.

Offline Forever UK Maps also purchased and installed.

Green, full signal GPS button on.

I have turned Iphone 4 off and back on again.

It will find me while I am stationary in the car and it will say first direction when i have told it where to go, but icon will not move at all when I drive off and will not guide me anywhere. So, at the moment, its only use is as a guide to tell me where I already am! I really want this to work. When it does, i think it will be great. Please help :)

elhenriks
29.05.2012, 15:37
I have exactly the same problem, i finds the first position and give me verbal directions, but then nothings happen. I can't use the software.

Ant
30.05.2012, 09:58
I have exactly the same issue on the New Ipad.

Tried uninstalling and re-downloading the UK maps, but still the same.

I wonder what I'm missing?

Ant

Christin
05.06.2012, 16:35
@deafhawk: Which device do you use?

@Tags: Please note that ForeverMap and GPS Navigation 2 are two completely different programs - they cannot be combined in any way.

@all: Please note:

- The device you use needs 3g/4g - wifi-only devices won't work because they lack a proper GPS receiver which is essential though for our GPS-based program.

- Don't turn airplane mode on - this mode does not only disable any internet connection but also the GPS receiver.

- Please restart your device - too long standby-times may cause program problems.

I look forward to receiving your feedback.

Many greetings
Christin

elhenriks
05.06.2012, 17:08
Hi.

I Have a iPhone 4, and have restarted among others. Was wondering, i haven't bought any maps, and the software is showing the position on the map ok during the first verbal command.
Is it necessary to buy maps or ?? .

Regards
Enzo Henriksen.

Christin
07.06.2012, 11:39
@Enzo: You only need to purchase maps if you want to navigate offline. If you have a proper data plan with your mobile phone provider, no offline maps are needed - you can navigate online.

Greetings
Christin

Tags
16.06.2012, 11:46
Thanks Christin. But nothing works, whether it's Online, offline, hybrid, Map, Navigation or whatever. It picks up where I am fine, gives the first instruction, but then goes nowhere. I'm so frustrated with it now. And yes, I've restarted. I'm using iPhone 4, positioned in a phone holder attached to windscreen. Please help!!

elhenriks
16.06.2012, 14:30
Come on skobbler, we are more and more people that have bought a piece of software that doesn't work
Do something!! update or??