PDA

View Full Version : GPS nav 2 crashes iPhone: any solutions?

ingridl
23.02.2012, 17:58
Since some time I use GPS nav2: both the online version and the hybrid with maps. Last week my iPhone crashed while using the navigation in my car. I had to install everything from scratch (I mean, all the content of the iPhone). When I tried to download the maps again, the phone went dead again. It took me even more trouble to get the whole thing working again. Now when I start the app, it just freezes. The phone still works.

Second question: end december I used it to go to Germany and from there to Belgium. Because I was outside Holland I wanted to drive solely on the maps. Unfortunately the app refused to start without online data traffic. Is that normal or should it work solely on the map when outside ones country?

Thnx for helping me out, because when it works, it's an absolutely great navigation system!

Christin
29.02.2012, 12:03
Did you change the settings of your iPhone, update the firmware (= iOS), ...? Which iOS is currently installed? Jailbreak yes/no? After the reinstallation, did you turn off your device for a while? Too long standby-times may cause programs to crash.

Please note that "hybrid" is not the offline mode. You can choose it, yes, but if no offline maps are installed, your device will go online anyway because oftherwise route calculation wouldn't be possible. So: Did you buy and install any offline maps (e.g. Holland)? That's necessary in order to use the app offline.

Greetings,
Christin