PDA

View Full Version : Thinks i'm in a different country

ali35j
16.01.2012, 19:38
Ive downloaded skobbler "satnav 2" on my iphone 4s and when I first used it, it worked perfectly then the second time it thought I was in the middle of Berlin.
I assumed it had bugged out and re-downloaded it. It did exactly the same as previously mentioned, worked first time then afterwards thought I was in Berlin.. I live in England so its not like a slight mistake.
Could anybody give me some advice please?

Thanks

ali35j
16.01.2012, 19:41
Just to add, It picks up my location fine on the built in "maps" and other GPS apps

greavesken
20.02.2012, 12:49
I have the same problem whats the fix

Christin
23.02.2012, 15:45
The Team is already working on a fix for the next update. There seems to be something weird here because this problem doesn't affect every user.. Sorry for the hassle in the meantime. :(

Greetings,
Christin

Mathias497
30.03.2012, 23:37
Hej .. I see it's about a month ago since you wrote about this so-called fix, and I just wondered when it will be ready? I'm from Denmark and the weird thing is that when I only have the map for Denmark installed is usually works fine, but as soon as I install the map for Germany it thinks I'm in Berlin.. It works out the route fine, and I can also see the route, but the arrow, that should pretent to be me, is somewhere in/near Berlin..

mwesth
04.04.2012, 13:21
Just installed two days ago - now it thinks i'm in Berlin )-: And I haven't even downloaded the german map

Christin
04.04.2012, 16:37
@all: We are still working on the next update - intensely. We will provide it soon.

Greetings
Christin

FedUp
21.04.2012, 13:42
Hallo Christin

Yes, I have the same problem. Much as I like Berlin, I don't want to start every journey from there. Does this mean I have to BUY a map (for example, UK) before this app will work effectively? Did I miss that piece of information when buying the app?

Thanks

Christin
24.04.2012, 12:29
@FedUp: No, you don't need to buy offline maps... The next update is due in mid-May, the Team is working on the fix.

Greetings
Christin

vascaeu
12.06.2012, 23:47
The next update is due in mid-May ...
It is end of June. Any news regarding the update?

Christin
14.06.2012, 13:34
This month.

Greetings
Christin

the3rdParty
26.06.2012, 18:47
I get this problem occaisionally, and it seems to be related to the iphone's ability to pick up a gps signal. if the signal is weak (or you are indoors!) it will place you in Berlin when you try to navigate, but strangely identify the correct starting point & route if you press "panning" then the "my location" button.

Support advised me that this behaviour may also be associated with the fact that my device is jailbroken, and in these circumstances they are unable to help....

vascaeu
08.07.2012, 18:52
This month.

Greetings
Christin

Any news? It's July :)

Christin
09.07.2012, 15:40
We're working on it - we released our 4.2 version in the UK iTunes Store and found a major bug. The Team is currently working on fixing it - but we won't release the 4.2 version in any other iTunes Store as long as this bug is still open. Hope that makes sense to you guys.

Greetings
Christin

SteveDC
17.09.2012, 23:07
I have the same issue.

If I remove and re-install GPS Nav2 then it is able to find the GPS signal, and correctly and shows my location just fine. If I then quit the navigation and go back to the "destination address, take me home, favorites" screen and re-select destination address, then search for the same address it still appears to find the satellites.

Now, if I double press the home button and kill GPS Nav 2, then re-launch it and search for the same address and start navigation I get "no signal!"

Interestingly though, if I select "Map" instead of "Navigation" then it seems to correctly find my position, although selecting "Route" from the map display then selecting "current position" only highlights "current position" and does not actually do anything.

All these issues seem to have started immediately after I purchased the world map pack. I installed the UK and tried to install some US states but couldn't. That is another issue though :(

If this keeps this up then I will need to get my world map money refunded since currently this is unusable.

BR,
Steve

SteveDC
17.09.2012, 23:09
Just to add... this is on an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1.1

Zippo
01.10.2012, 03:12
Ohhh...i just simply hate this program!
It's even more buggy than windows 3.11 was...