PDA

View Full Version : how to exit/quit the skobbler app correctly?

mlcampbe
10.01.2012, 21:52
I have been using skobbler for a few trips and it works very well. However, I have noticed 1 very odd thing. When I finish using skobbler there is no button to 'quit' the application. I press the iphone home button and skobbler goes into the background but doesn't really quit. I also notice that the arrow indicator in the phone's bar at the top shows that location services are still active. I then hold the home button down and kill the process but the location arrow still shows as being active. I have to actually turn off location services to get the icon to go away. Unless the location arrow is gone then GPS is still active and burns battery life very quickly.

Is this normal? What is the correct process to quit the program once done?

Christin
11.01.2012, 15:46
You have to close the app properly by double-clicking the home button (as already done). It's an Apple thing that our app is put to background - this happens to all other apps and programs you open on your device, too. However, once the app is closed there properly, the battery level shouldn't be affected anymore.

Greetings,
Christin

mlcampbe
11.01.2012, 16:59
I would have no problem with the app showing up in the list of inactive apps when I double click the home button. However, my problem is that once I exit the app the location services arrow stays in the status bar up by the battery level. Why does this stay enabled? That is what I think is causing the battery drain. I also note that if I double click the home button and kill/close the app then the location services arrow is still showing. I am trying to figure out how to get rid of that.

Christin
19.01.2012, 16:56
Normally, the error should disappear once the program is closed properly (by double-click). However, you can also go to the iPhone's settings --> General --> Location services --> and turn them off there manually. But please remember to turn them on again next time you want to use our app as it otherwise won't work.

Greetings,
Christin