PDA

View Full Version : post code search

rowle
04.01.2012, 10:20
Hi All.
Does anyone know how to do a post code search with the I-phone software ?
Thank you.
Rowle - UK.

Christin
04.01.2012, 10:40
Unfortunately, the post code search is not yet implemented.

Greetings,
Christin

bfmaspens
06.02.2012, 19:49
My post code search disappeared once I had paid and downloaded UK maps

gfgruvin
07.02.2012, 20:36
Any idea when post code search will be ready? It really renders the offline maps useless to me. Now I am annoyed that I purchased them. Here in England we do a post code search for anywhere we want to go. In my town, we have multiple streets named Green Lane. How will the SatNav know which Green Lane to take me too?

bfmaspens
08.02.2012, 12:22
Any idea when post code search will be ready? It really renders the offline maps useless to me. Now I am annoyed that I purchased them. Here in England we do a post code search for anywhere we want to go. In my town, we have multiple streets named Green Lane. How will the SatNav know which Green Lane to take me too?

Try altering Skobbler Settings to Online/Offline or Hybrid mode

gfgruvin
08.02.2012, 13:39
Try altering Skobbler Settings to Online/Offline or Hybrid mode

Thanks for the reply.

Using the Hybrid mode is the same situation. I put my phone into airplane mode and you cannot enter a post code. Once you turn off airplane mode you can enter a post code. This supports what I said about purchasing the maps. What is the point if the app still needs an on air connection? In other countries, this may not be an issue. In the UK, a post code is pinpoint accuracy. I feel mislead into purshasing the maps. I don't care about the few quid for the maps. It should just work as advertised.